Moviehole had the chance to catch up with prolific filmmaker Judd Apatow (“The Pineapple Express”, “Knocked Up”) about what he’s up to next.
It’s Adam [Sandler] and Leslie [Mann] and Seth [Rogen], and the supporting parts are Jason Schwartzman, Jonah Hill and Eric Bana. It’s about comedians and funny people and it’s about how one comedian has a near-death experience and how he reacts to it. There’s some standup performance. Yeah, it’s based a little bit on [my experience doing stand-up]. That’s what I’m going to direct. I’m writing and directing Funny People and that starts end of September. I’m very excited. [Cinematographer] Janusz Kaminski is shooting it, which is very–very- It’ll be the Schindler’s List of stand-up comedy movies. It’s a creatively ambitious movie that hopefully will also be very funny and emotional. It’s supposed to come out next summer. If I finish.
Well, we’re in post on Year One, the Harold Ramis movie with Jack Black and Michael Sera. Michael Sera and Jack Black are just a classic pairing of people. So that comes out next summer.
Get Him to the Greek
And the only other project we have that’s gearing up is, in the spring we’re going to shoot this movie called Get Him to the Greek, which is written and directed by Nick Stoller, who directed Forgetting Sarah Marshall, and it’s stars Russell Brand as the same character. Jonah Hill gets his first job working for a record company, and his job is to get him from England to his concert at the Greek theater-but Russell has fallen off the wagon. So that’s in the spring we’re going to shoot that.
- Neufeld on Jack Ryan Reboot - December 10, 2009
- Richard Curtis - November 2, 2009
- Nighy wants in on Pirates 4 - October 25, 2009
- Lauren Ambrose - October 19, 2009
- Michael Sheen talks New Moon - October 6, 2009
- Ellen Page - October 3, 2009
- Jesse Eisenberg - October 1, 2009
- Samuel talks Eclipse - September 22, 2009
- Xavier Samuel - September 22, 2009
- Bakula on Quantum Leap film - September 22, 2009