The $12.5 million dollar man, Brendan Fraser, has just left Australia where he’s been spruiking two films “The Mummy : Tomb of the Dragon Emperor” and “Journey to the Center of the Earth”, both opening this month.
A large slab of my chat was about the latter, a 3D reimagining of the science-fiction classic with Fraser in the lead role as a chap who leads a couple of kids into the pinpoint middle of our planet.
The film did OK overseas – though not nearly as well as the atrocious “Mummy : Tomb of the Dragon Emperor”, which is a pity because “Journey” is definitely the superior film – but it’s not certain it did well enough to spur a sequel.
Fraser remains optimistic.
“I hope so. Gosh”, says Fraser. “There is an important prop at the end that could lead into one – should there be one”.
Fraser’s quite proud of “Journey” – he talked my ear off about the wonderous effects and how good the 3D technology is in it; and he’s right, it does look good – so I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he uses his clout to get a sequel up. And he does seem to love a good sequel.
Look out for the full interview with Fraser int he coming weeks.
- Magnolia picks up Experimenter; New image released - March 27, 2015
- Taylor-Johnson quits Fifty Shades franchise - March 26, 2015
- X-Men : Apocalypse casts Jubilee; cameos rumoured - March 26, 2015
- Trailer : Maggie - March 26, 2015
- Ben Mendelsohn may star in a Star Wars movie - March 26, 2015
- B v S : Luthor picture; story details - March 26, 2015
- Star Trek 3 : Elba to play villain; Pegg talks scripting - March 26, 2015
- Peter Craig aboard Lawrence’s Addario biopic - March 26, 2015
- Spielberg directing Ernie Cline’s Ready Player One - March 26, 2015
- Jason Segel directing a Lego movie!? - March 26, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.