Does Mcg want to remake “Blade Runner”?
It sure sounds that way.
Variety profiled Halycon founders Derek Anderson and Victor Kubicek (in their “10 producers to watch” feature) and as part of their piece on the hot young producers behind the upcoming Terminator Salvation, asked McG, director of the latter, for a few words.
McG mentioned he’d love to work with the boys again on something, remarking that he’s made “‘Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?'”, the Philip K.Dick novel that inspired Ridley Scott’s cult masterpiece “Blade Runner” (1982), required reading on set, adding “That would be a good one”, McG tells Variety.
Um, “a good one” to do with the boys!?
McG says it as if “Electric Sheep” hasn’t ever been made into a film – strange. Surely he’s seen “Blade Runner”, right? Suppose that’s never stopped anyone from remaking a classic before- having not seen the original.
No need to worry – Halycon don’t own the rights to “Blade Runner” … not at the time of writing anyway.
- Interview promo suggests Christmas day release still on!? - December 19, 2014
- Trailer : True Story - December 19, 2014
- Walt’s got the next Chipmunks sequel - December 19, 2014
- Team America plan f*cked, yeah! - December 19, 2014
- Trailer : A Little Chaos - December 19, 2014
- Trailer : Ana Maria in Novela Land - December 19, 2014
- Trailer : American Sniper - December 19, 2014
- Charlie Sheen reprising one of his classic roles - December 18, 2014
- Carell’s North Korea movie cancelled - December 18, 2014
- Stuhlbarg logs onto Jobs biopic - December 18, 2014
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.