Does Mcg want to remake “Blade Runner”?
It sure sounds that way.
Variety profiled Halycon founders Derek Anderson and Victor Kubicek (in their “10 producers to watch” feature) and as part of their piece on the hot young producers behind the upcoming Terminator Salvation, asked McG, director of the latter, for a few words.
McG mentioned he’d love to work with the boys again on something, remarking that he’s made “‘Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?'”, the Philip K.Dick novel that inspired Ridley Scott’s cult masterpiece “Blade Runner” (1982), required reading on set, adding “That would be a good one”, McG tells Variety.
Um, “a good one” to do with the boys!?
McG says it as if “Electric Sheep” hasn’t ever been made into a film – strange. Surely he’s seen “Blade Runner”, right? Suppose that’s never stopped anyone from remaking a classic before- having not seen the original.
No need to worry – Halycon don’t own the rights to “Blade Runner” … not at the time of writing anyway.
- Lively, Clarke set for Forster’s All I See is You - February 27, 2015
- Sands files Minority Report - February 27, 2015
- Blomkamp’s statement on Alien plans misconstrued - February 27, 2015
- Routh gets Lost, West in the Money - February 26, 2015
- Billy Lynn nabs Alwyn, eyes Hedlund - February 26, 2015
- Spidey could remain Peter Parker after all - February 26, 2015
- Virginia Madsen to experience Joy - February 26, 2015
- Voges, Zombie reunite for 31 - February 26, 2015
- Schwarzenegger back for Terminator 6 - February 26, 2015
- When does the next Star Wars trailer hit? - February 26, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.