Moviehole has a bunch of in-seasons up for grabs to see “Waltz with Bashir”, an amazing film that took Cannes by storm earlier this year, thanks to Sharmill Films.
Film director, Ari Folman, then a young conscript, took part in the 1982 Israeli invasion of Lebanon and witnessed the Sabra and Shatila massacres of September 1982 (when militiamen carried out a devastating campaign of murder in two Palestinian refugee camps as revenge for the assassination of their leader, Bashir Gemayel).
Folman blocked the memory from his mind until, many years later, he decided to make a film about his experiences â€“ contacting many of his former comrades, along with a psychiatrist friend a neurologist who specialises in memory impairment. But this is no ordinary documentary â€“ it is in fact a fully â€œanimated documentaryâ€ â€“ and one of the most powerful anti-war movies made in recent years.
To Win Fill out your details below, and tell us what country Cannes is in?
- Interview promo suggests Christmas day release still on!? - December 19, 2014
- Trailer : True Story - December 19, 2014
- Walt’s got the next Chipmunks sequel - December 19, 2014
- Team America plan f*cked, yeah! - December 19, 2014
- Trailer : A Little Chaos - December 19, 2014
- Trailer : Ana Maria in Novela Land - December 19, 2014
- Trailer : American Sniper - December 19, 2014
- Charlie Sheen reprising one of his classic roles - December 18, 2014
- Carell’s North Korea movie cancelled - December 18, 2014
- Stuhlbarg logs onto Jobs biopic - December 18, 2014
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.