Moviehole has a bunch of in-seasons up for grabs to see “Waltz with Bashir”, an amazing film that took Cannes by storm earlier this year, thanks to Sharmill Films.
Film director, Ari Folman, then a young conscript, took part in the 1982 Israeli invasion of Lebanon and witnessed the Sabra and Shatila massacres of September 1982 (when militiamen carried out a devastating campaign of murder in two Palestinian refugee camps as revenge for the assassination of their leader, Bashir Gemayel).
Folman blocked the memory from his mind until, many years later, he decided to make a film about his experiences â€“ contacting many of his former comrades, along with a psychiatrist friend a neurologist who specialises in memory impairment. But this is no ordinary documentary â€“ it is in fact a fully â€œanimated documentaryâ€ â€“ and one of the most powerful anti-war movies made in recent years.
To Win Fill out your details below, and tell us what country Cannes is in?
- Two more ID4 stars back for sequel! - April 18, 2015
- New Jurassic World poster Tweeted! - April 18, 2015
- X-Men : Till returns, Munn teases costume - April 18, 2015
- Ridley, Marvel working on new superhero series - April 18, 2015
- Parenthood may return as limited series - April 18, 2015
- Dominic Cooper is AMC’s Preacher - April 18, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Batman v Superman : Dawn of Justice - April 18, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : The Gallows - April 17, 2015
- Meade, Heizer, Lewis and more board Nerve - April 17, 2015
- Justice League : Gods & Monsters trailer! - April 17, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.