A few weeks back graphic novelist Frank Miller, author of “The Dark Knight Returns”, mentioned he’d like to see his â€˜decrepit Batman’ tale get the big screen treatment one day. And while it is only a pipe dream of his – ya never know though, Batman is pretty darn hot right now – the speculation as to who would get to play Batman-in-retirement has already started up.
Many seem to favour Clint Eastwood as the ripened superhero – and when a film version of â€˜’The Dark Knight Returns” was rumoured about five years ago, Eastwood was tipped to take the role; not sure whether that was just BS or there was actually progress on a film – but Miller has another idea…. One that just led to Ab King having to change from his Rambo undies into his Rocky boxers.
â€˜’Just that mouth of his, the scowl and the way it would look in a mask,” Miller told a reporter from The LA Times. “I loved ‘Rocky Balboa.’ This wounded warrior, that’s what Batman is in ‘Dark Knight Returns.’ ”
Hmm. Don’t see it myself – – if anything, I’m having nightmarish flashbacks of “Judge Dredd”.
But again, it’s nothing more than a suggestion of Frank’s… nobody need to cook up a photoshopped poster of “Dark Knight Returns” with Stallone’s name above the title just yet.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.