By Drew Turney
Like most people, I got sucked in by reading the video cover, which said â€˜Tim Burtonâ€™s The Nightmare Before Christmasâ€™ before checking to discover that he just wrote it but didnâ€™t direct it at all.
Promised as an animation extravaganza which it mostly was, it tells the story of a town of weird characters of Halloween Town and the magical doorways they find to other American holiday â€˜townsâ€™ like Christmastown.
Mayor Jack Skellington stumbles across Christmastown and, so smitten with the idea, he returns home to try to get the carious beats, ghosts and monsters of Halloweentown to try a similar thing.
The animation is great and worth seeing, but itâ€™s essentially a kids movie.
Two-Discs worth of beautiful frickin’ extras! Featurettes, Commentaries, Burton’s short “Vincent”, A Poem by Burton narrated by Christopher Lee, a comprehensive making-of, trivia track. As I said, it is a kids movie at its core but that’s not to say it isn’t very well-done, and you’ll appreciate what’s gone into the making of the movie after you’ve seen some of the extras.
- Map to the Stars - March 5, 2015
- The Voices - March 5, 2015
- Jupiter Ascending - March 5, 2015
- Focus - March 5, 2015
- VOD Views – March 1, 2015 - March 1, 2015
- Anne Hathaway – Song One - February 23, 2015
- Fifty Shades of Grey - February 13, 2015
- The Hundred-Foot Journey - February 9, 2015
- Alien Outpost - February 9, 2015
- The Rise and Fall of Bitcoin - February 3, 2015