By Drew Turney
Like most people, I got sucked in by reading the video cover, which said â€˜Tim Burtonâ€™s The Nightmare Before Christmasâ€™ before checking to discover that he just wrote it but didnâ€™t direct it at all.
Promised as an animation extravaganza which it mostly was, it tells the story of a town of weird characters of Halloween Town and the magical doorways they find to other American holiday â€˜townsâ€™ like Christmastown.
Mayor Jack Skellington stumbles across Christmastown and, so smitten with the idea, he returns home to try to get the carious beats, ghosts and monsters of Halloweentown to try a similar thing.
The animation is great and worth seeing, but itâ€™s essentially a kids movie.
Two-Discs worth of beautiful frickin’ extras! Featurettes, Commentaries, Burton’s short “Vincent”, A Poem by Burton narrated by Christopher Lee, a comprehensive making-of, trivia track. As I said, it is a kids movie at its core but that’s not to say it isn’t very well-done, and you’ll appreciate what’s gone into the making of the movie after you’ve seen some of the extras.
- Kingsman : The Secret Service - January 26, 2015
- Blackhat - January 26, 2015
- ‘Blackhat’ Review : More like Craphat - January 26, 2015
- ‘Kingsman : The Secret Service’ Review : James Bond meets Comic Con - January 25, 2015
- ‘Taken 3′ Review : Tireder than Santa Claus - January 9, 2015
- Taken 3 - January 9, 2015
- VOD Views – January 2, 2015 - January 2, 2015
- American Sniper - December 29, 2014
- The Interview - December 25, 2014
- Inherent Vice - December 24, 2014