Hot on the heels of their plans to bring Yogi Bear to the big screen, Warners have also announced their involvement in a â€˜â€™Tom Thumbâ€™â€™ movie. “Enchanted” director Kevin Lima will helm the film.
Like the â€œYogiâ€ flick, â€œThumbâ€ will be a CGI/live-action hybrid with the title character expected to be computer animated.
The movie, which could be fast-tracked by the studio, is said to be a fresh take that will explore the character’s origin story; the comedy-adventure is based on an original screenplay by “Saving Private Ryan” scribe Robert Rodat and will look at the heroism that a knight must summon after he is reduced to a pint size.
Tom Thumb is a British legend that dates as far back as the 1500s; the minuscule hero is known for getting himself into mischief in his parents’ home and eventually winding up in the castle of King Arthur.
There have been a number of big screen takes on the character over the years, including a live-action musical from MGM in 1958 and a darker animated BBC film in 1993.
The Hollywood Reporter has all the details
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.