So Harrison Ford apparently wonâ€™t be getting another look in as Jack Ryan.
Pity, I like him in the role.
But weâ€™re told since this is a complete reboot of the series the studio wants someone new to play the literary hero.
Rumoured to be among the names on that wish list is Aaron Eckhart.
Eckhartâ€™s a huge star now, what after his award-worthy turn as Harvey Dent in â€œThe Dark Knightâ€, so not surprising to hear heâ€™s being eyed for such big parts.
He hasnâ€™t been offered the role â€“ itâ€™s merely a thought at this stage, but heâ€™s a name that keeps popping up in relation to the part of Ryan, so someone over there obviously likes him.
Thereâ€™s likely a bunch of other names on that wish-list too, but thatâ€™s one of them.
Who else can you see in the role of C.I.A agent Jack Ryan?
The oft-rumoured Ryan Gosling? What about Brad Pitt? Heck, George Clooney might even make an interesting Ryan.
The next Jack Ryan film, the first not to be based on a story by Tom Clancy, is being fast-tracked at Paramount. Producing are Mace Neufeld and Lorenzo di Bonaventura.
- First look at Lena Dunham in Scandal - March 6, 2015
- Alec Baldwin to play New York Mayor in HBO pilot - March 6, 2015
- Mr T, Tom Selleck, Scott Bakula for Expendables TV show? - March 6, 2015
- Mangold reveals when Wolverine 3 will begin filming - March 6, 2015
- Jared Leto unveils his ‘Joker’ haircut - March 6, 2015
- Toy Story 4 will be of a different genre than the previous three? - March 5, 2015
- Idris Elba reprising Luther for two-part special - March 5, 2015
- Netflix announce new Brit Marling series - March 5, 2015
- Walden Media to co-finance, co-produce Spielberg’s BFG - March 5, 2015
- Trailer : Ghoul - March 5, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.