Moviehole caught up with actor David Thewlis this week who talked to us a little bit about his role in the upcoming “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows”.
Question: Have you finished shooting Half-Blood Prince?
Thewlis: Yeah. That finished a long time ago. And, yeah, it’s out next year.
Question: And you’re on to Deathly Hallows.
Thewlis: Yeah. The last one is going to be two movies.
Question: Do you have a lot more to do in these last ones?
Thewlis: I have no idea. I mean, I have not seen the scripts.
Question: Oh, really?
Thewlis: Yeah. We don’t start until next February. And I think the scripts are just about coming out any time soon, so I’ll be able to answer that. I have no indication yet of how much I’m involved.
Question: And do you have much to do in Half-Blood Prince?
Thewlis: Oh, in Half-Blood Prince? No, not a great deal. About the same as Order of the Phoenix. No, I’m not central to it in any way. It’s a few weeks work. Maybe a little more than in Order of the Phoenix.
Question: You also did this little movie called Veronika Decides to Die, which sounds really interesting. Who do you play in that?
Thewlis: I play Dr. Blake in that, who’s Dr. Igor in the book, who’s there at a psychiatric institution. But Veronika’s Sarah Michelle Gellar, and she’s tried to commit suicide and she’s failed. But he tells her that the pills she’s taken in her attempt to try to commit suicide have damaged her heart to such an extent that she’s gonna die anyway. But they’re compelled to keep her alive until that time. So it’s about her – you know, clinging onto life, though she’s tried to end it already.
- Neufeld on Jack Ryan Reboot - December 10, 2009
- Richard Curtis - November 2, 2009
- Nighy wants in on Pirates 4 - October 25, 2009
- Lauren Ambrose - October 19, 2009
- Michael Sheen talks New Moon - October 6, 2009
- Ellen Page - October 3, 2009
- Jesse Eisenberg - October 1, 2009
- Samuel talks Eclipse - September 22, 2009
- Xavier Samuel - September 22, 2009
- Bakula on Quantum Leap film - September 22, 2009