Joe Johnston (“Jurassic Park III”, “The Rocketeer”) will direct Marvel’s “Captain America” movie.
Yeah, I know, not the most obvious choice – and definitely not as known a name as Jon Favreau, director of “Iron Man”, or Kenneth Branagh, director of the upcoming “Thor”. But, ya know, I think Johnston’s spent enough time around the big fluffy Holiday blockbuster – he developed the ships for the “Star Wars” flicks and also worked on “Raiders” – to know what works and what doesn’t. And for what it’s worth, I think his film adaptation of the comic book “The Rocketeer” was highly underrated – it was actually quite a good film; probably just wasn’t enough in there for the ‘big kids’ as there were the ‘little kids’.
Johnston’s other credits include “Jurassic Park III” – which, for what it’s worth, wasn’t a bad sequel, “October Sky” – a terrific little drama; worth another look, and “The Wolfman”, out early next year.
“Captain America” will open May 6, 2011.
- First look at Lena Dunham in Scandal - March 6, 2015
- Alec Baldwin to play New York Mayor in HBO pilot - March 6, 2015
- Mr T, Tom Selleck, Scott Bakula for Expendables TV show? - March 6, 2015
- Mangold reveals when Wolverine 3 will begin filming - March 6, 2015
- Jared Leto unveils his ‘Joker’ haircut - March 6, 2015
- Toy Story 4 will be of a different genre than the previous three? - March 5, 2015
- Idris Elba reprising Luther for two-part special - March 5, 2015
- Netflix announce new Brit Marling series - March 5, 2015
- Walden Media to co-finance, co-produce Spielberg’s BFG - March 5, 2015
- Trailer : Ghoul - March 5, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.