Broken Lizard are teaming up with shaggy-haired singer Adam Duritz (â€˜The Counting Crowesâ€™) to produce the film, â€œFreeloadersâ€.
The film, says Variety, revolves around five guys and a girl who live in the lap of luxury in a rock star’s mansion. But their sweet situation is threatened when the rock star decides to sell the home.
Broken Lizard is composed of Erik Stolhanske, Paul Soter, Steve Lemme, Kevin Heffernan, Jay Chandrasekhar and producers Richard Perello and Julia Dray. Although the comedy troupe behind “Beerfest” and “Club Dread” has a deal at Warner Bros., they are independently financing “Freeloaders.”
Interesting to note that the comedy troupe is currently developing a TV series based on the Aussie cable comedy â€œChandon Picturesâ€ which Rob Carlton created. Lizardâ€™s incarnation will be called â€˜â€™Brilliant Picturesâ€™â€™ and be produced by Lionsgate for Fox.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.