“Forgetting Sarah Marshall” director Nick Stoller updated Collider on a few of his upcoming projects, including the “Sarah Marshall” spin-off starring Russell Brand and Jonah Hill.
Get him to the Greek
Says Stoller, “Itâ€™s very exciting. We just came back from our first scout. Weâ€™re shooting the majority of the film in L.A. but weâ€™re shooting also in Vegas, New York and London. So itâ€™s the first Apatow international production which is exciting.”
The filmmaker adds, “The movie is going to be really big in scope like itâ€™s very exciting to see different locations and to be kind of working on a bigger canvas, so thatâ€™s all very exciting.”
Stoller says some footage was shot from the MTV Music Awards of [host] Brand and some of the artists – including Katey Perry and Christina Aguilera.
Stoller, whose writing the Jack Black-starring remake of the literary classic, says this one will be similar in tone to Rob Reiner’s “Princess Bride”. ”This is very much a Jack Black movie and I want to create a very specific-you know-tone and universe for it. I mean, youâ€™re going to have the Lilliputians who are small and Jack Black whoâ€™s big, but to me I was looking at trying to create a â€œPrincess Brideâ€ kind of tone. So youâ€™re in another universe. Youâ€™re in this fantasy universe. Thereâ€™s a specific kind of language and way that they behave and a certain kind of chivalry and etiquette thatâ€™s different than our own but itâ€™s all harking back to the political satire of 17th century England which is what Johnson Swift was writing about.”
The Muppet Movie
Stoller also talked about the next ‘Muppet’ movie that he and Jason Segel have been developing. ”You know we turned in a draft to Disney that theyâ€™re very excited about and Jason [Segel] and I are just waiting to hear. You know, we love our draft. We loved the Muppet movies, you know? Weâ€™re just trying to recreate the classic, you know, Muppet movies and waiting to hear back from Disney. I mean, Disney always has a lot of consideration to take into account when they make a movie. Itâ€™s not like we can just make â€œSarah Marshallâ€. We donâ€™t have to sell â€œSarah Marshallâ€ toys and â€œSarah Marshallâ€ clothes and â€œSarah Marshallâ€ rides and all of that so I think they have to figure things out on their side but I know that theyâ€™re happy with it and theyâ€™ve been great to work with.” Stoller says Segel would like to play one of the human characters in the film.
- Graham Moore – The Imitation Game - February 7, 2015
- Set Visit : American Horror Story : Coven - October 18, 2014
- Richard Wenk – The Equalizer - October 2, 2014
- Moviehole chats to Equalizer scribe Richard Wenk - October 2, 2014
- Talking to Expendables 3 writing duo Creighton Rothenberger and Katrin Benedikt! - August 16, 2014
- Adam Saunders – About Alex - August 7, 2014
- Nicole Perlman – Guardians of the Galaxy - August 1, 2014
- MH talks to Guardians of the Galaxy co-writer Nicole Perlman! - August 1, 2014
- Lisa’s ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Review : it’s got everything and the everything works! - July 31, 2014
- Life Itself - July 5, 2014