Firstly, a Happy New Year to you all if you don’t hear from me… secondly, is it OK if I put my drinks on your tab?
– There’s a whole bunch of pictures from next year’s “Transformers 2 : Revenge of the Fallen” online
– The Japanese trailer for ”Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li”, starring Kristin Kreuk and Chris Klein, is playing on a YouTube window near you. There’s also a Japanese trailer for “Red Cliff 2″ up here.
– “Y : The Last Man” director D.J Caruso tells Coming Soon that the film’s near ready to go. ”You have great minds like David Goyer and you’ve got Carl Ellsworth and you’ve got Brian K. Vaughn, and I’m working with them to just kind of crack it and get it down. And we’re almost there. I know it’s a slow process, but I think eventually we’ll get it. We’re going to get it and we’ll get it right, but we had a pretty good breakthrough a couple weeks ago in the final act, and hopefully we’ll get there.”
– ABC has unveiled yet another promo for the forthcoming fifth season of “Lost” which you can view here
– Though he has left the show, “Scrubs” star Zach Braff has already said that heâ€™d be willing to continue recording the voice-overs that connect the story lines of the show, should it get picked up for another reason. And creator Bill Lawrence is already imagining a transition, which he says would be â€œa new show.â€ â€œIt would have to be like â€˜Frasierâ€™ was to â€˜Cheers,â€™ â€ he said.
– “Iron Man 2″ scribe Justin Theroux isnâ€™t ready to talk specifics, but says the nature of his identity is something thatâ€™s going to be a monumental part of the second film.
– Martin Scorsese may have met secretly with hitman John Martorano to talk about doing a biopic on the man. William Monahan, who penned Scorsese’s “The Departed”, will likely write this one too.
– IESB has the trailer for Joaquin Phoenix and Gwyneth Paltrow’s new movie “Two Lovers”, which opens in theaters in Feb, up.
– Twentieth Century Fox has their own Twitter Account. Keep checking here for updates on, er, “Street Fighter” and “Dragonball”.
– Cinema Blend says Kevin Durand (TVs “Lost”) has nixed the opportunity to reprise his role as Jeeves Tremor in “Smokin’ Aces : Blowback”.
– Balthazar Getty might be getting the boot from TVs “Brothers & Sisters”. Michael Ausiello says the “Feast” star ”was informed last week that producers were not planning on picking up his option as a full-time series regular next season”.
– The First casting call for Rob Zombie’s “Halloween” sequel is up at Bloody Disgusting.
– Aint it Cool News takes a look at Stallone’s “The Expendables” script. Meanwhile, we hear Sandra Bullock will not be a part of the film.