Local Melbourne actor Damian Walshe-Howling â€“ ran into him at the Coles supermarket in St.Kilda; everyone needs milk, right? â€“ has snagged a plum role in director Jan de Bontâ€™s â€œPoint Break Indoâ€.
Walshe-Howling, probably best known for his roles in local seriesâ€™ â€œBlue Heelersâ€ and â€œUnderbellyâ€, will play the bad guy in the sequel, a sea-pirate named Dali. He and his team wear masks of â€˜The Bush Administrationâ€™ (George Bush, Colin Powell, Dick Cheney and so on) as they strip boats for loot. Daliâ€™s sister, Teela, ends up falling in love with Billy Dalton, an undercover Fed working in Daliâ€™s gang, which complicates matters.
International audiences will have seen Walshe-Howling in Gregor Jordanâ€™s â€œNed Kellyâ€ opposite Heath Ledger and Orlando Bloom, or in â€œMacbethâ€ starring Sam Worthington in the lead role.
â€œPoint Break Indoâ€ will shoot in both Indonesia and Australia.
- First look at Lena Dunham in Scandal - March 6, 2015
- Alec Baldwin to play New York Mayor in HBO pilot - March 6, 2015
- Mr T, Tom Selleck, Scott Bakula for Expendables TV show? - March 6, 2015
- Mangold reveals when Wolverine 3 will begin filming - March 6, 2015
- Jared Leto unveils his ‘Joker’ haircut - March 6, 2015
- Toy Story 4 will be of a different genre than the previous three? - March 5, 2015
- Idris Elba reprising Luther for two-part special - March 5, 2015
- Netflix announce new Brit Marling series - March 5, 2015
- Walden Media to co-finance, co-produce Spielberg’s BFG - March 5, 2015
- Trailer : Ghoul - March 5, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.