After much umming, ahhing and holding out for a better offer than a measly 250k, Mickey Rourke has officially signed on to play the villain in Marvelâ€™s â€œIron Man 2â€. And yes, he will get a fatter pay packet.
According to Variety, Rourke’s salary will be now better than 250k – thanks to his ICM rep, David Unger, who battled for more dough – but nobody’s caught their hands on a transaction slip yet, so it’s anyone’s guess just how ‘much’ more the Oscar Nominee will be getting.
Robert Downey Jr also played a part in recruiting Rourke for the film – he apparently caught up with him on the awards circuit a lot this year and used each occasion to pitch the man.
Rourke, next in Stallone’s “The Expendables”, will play Whiplash, a character that includes elements from that comicbook villain and Crimson Dynamo, another Russian baddie.
Meanwhile, the trade reports that Scarlett Johansson is the favourite to play ‘The Black Widow’ (Which Emily Blunt was originally set to play before Fox stole her away) in the super sequel.
- Story deets for Noomi Rapace starrer Rupture - April 21, 2015
- James Wan doing remake of The Entity - April 21, 2015
- Shadowhunters recruits out of Vampire Academy - April 21, 2015
- Final Trailer : The Death of Superman Lives - April 21, 2015
- Friday Night Lights star headlines S.H.I.E.L.D spin-off - April 21, 2015
- Another original returns for X-Files sequel series - April 21, 2015
- Billy Zane returns for Zoolander 2 - April 21, 2015
- Captain Marvel writers confirmed - April 21, 2015
- Pan postponed - April 21, 2015
- Full Trailer : Fantastic Four - April 20, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.