After much umming, ahhing and holding out for a better offer than a measly 250k, Mickey Rourke has officially signed on to play the villain in Marvelâ€™s â€œIron Man 2â€. And yes, he will get a fatter pay packet.
According to Variety, Rourke’s salary will be now better than 250k – thanks to his ICM rep, David Unger, who battled for more dough – but nobody’s caught their hands on a transaction slip yet, so it’s anyone’s guess just how ‘much’ more the Oscar Nominee will be getting.
Robert Downey Jr also played a part in recruiting Rourke for the film – he apparently caught up with him on the awards circuit a lot this year and used each occasion to pitch the man.
Rourke, next in Stallone’s “The Expendables”, will play Whiplash, a character that includes elements from that comicbook villain and Crimson Dynamo, another Russian baddie.
Meanwhile, the trade reports that Scarlett Johansson is the favourite to play ‘The Black Widow’ (Which Emily Blunt was originally set to play before Fox stole her away) in the super sequel.
- Fernandez, Noth, Parker, Benson are Chronically Metropolitan - January 30, 2015
- Huisman, Palmer set for Currie’s 2:22 - January 30, 2015
- Junior’s back! Problem Child headed to NBC - January 30, 2015
- Cowboy Ninja Viking finds directors - January 30, 2015
- Disney : Episodes VII and VIII due 2017, 2019 - January 30, 2015
- Eddie Murphy returning to Saturday Night Live - January 30, 2015
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan books Spielberg series - January 30, 2015
- The Flash : Set pics capture Graye, Hamill - January 30, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Spooks : The Greater Good - January 30, 2015
- A teaser for The 5th Wave crashes down - January 30, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.