Quite a sad day here at the Morris compound. We’ve lost a couple of very important people over the last twenty-four hours. It’s time like this I only hope God knows what the heck he’s doing… Here’s today movie-news grab bag…
– Elisha Cuthbert (TVs “24”) will be starring in the “Re-Animator” remake, according to HorrorMovies.CA. Jeffrey Combs, the star of the original horror classic, is also expected to play a role in the film but it won’t be the lead.
– Lionsgate announced today that it has acquired worldwide distribution rights to the film version of Suzanne Collinsâ€™ best selling futuristic young adult novel “The Hunger Games”. Collins will adapt the screenplay from her novel, the first in a trilogy. A dystopic Capitol requires its twelve subjugated districts to pay tribute in the form of a teenage boy and girl who are forced to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV.
– “Well, it’s not a remake,” Ronald D.Moore says of his “Thing” remake whilst chatting to IGN. “It’s really a companion piece to the Carpenter version. We’re telling the story of the Norwegian camp that found the Thing before the Kurt Russell group did, so it’s very buried in the continuity [and] it’s supposed to be the other story that you saw part of. So we didn’t want to reinvent it. It was really much the opposite. We really wanted to have this flow seamlessly into what he did.”
– Nicolas Cage is said to be channeling Adam West’s Batman in his “Kick-Ass” performance. hitfix.com witnessed the transformation of Ghost Rider into the Caped Crusader first hand.
– Australia Post and the Australian Film Institute (AFI) are giving aspiring film-makers the chance to have their work screened in front of the whoâ€™s who of the Australian film industry as part of the 2009 AFI Awards. As part of Australia Postâ€™s bicentenary celebrations, the 200 Seconds short film competition is calling on potential filmmakers to make a 200 second long film featuring a parcel.
For more information visit www.auspost.com.au/200years or www.auspost.com.au/200seconds.
– Paramount Pictures has attached Brad Pitt and Natalie Portman to star in a film based on the new Leanne Shapton book “Important Artifacts and Personal Property From the Collection of Lenore Doolan and Harold Morris, Including Books, Street Fashion and Jewelry.”
– Lionsgate has acquired North American distribution rights to action-thriller “From Paris With Love,” starring John Travolta and Jonathan Rhys Meyers. Deal marks the third collaboration between Lionsgate and EuropaCorp.
– According to The Herald Sun, “Fanboys” won’t likely be getting a theatrical release in Australia. The stone tablet says to look for it on DVD here sometime in the second half of the year.
– Salma Hayek, Maya Rudolph and Colin Quinn have joined the cast of the untitled Adam Sandler comedy at Columbia Pictures. Kevin James, Chris Rock, Rob Schneider and David Spade have already boarded the project, which revolves around five best friends from high school who reunite 30 years later on a Fourth of July weekend.
– Dan Harris has been set by Universal Pictures to write “Dante’s Inferno,” a live-action film based on the Electronic Arts vidgame in which players journey through the depths of hell.
– Michael Ausiello has a look at the next few exciting episodes of “Smallville” (more Doomsday fun to come by the looks!) in this spiffy new promo.
– The new “Universal Soldier” flick isn’t going direct-to-DVD after all. Because of the involvement of Van Damme and Lundgren, Sony will be releasing it theatrically. This will be Van Damme’s second theatrical release in twelve months (the other being “J.C.V.D”) – that’s quite a leap forward for the Muscles from Brussels.
– “Chuck”, originally set to debut on Fox8 in January, will now premiere 8:30pm Wednesday April 1st on the cable channel, according to TV Tonight.
– Arnold Schwarzenegger’s “Expendables” cameo will be shot in L.A after production on the Brazillian leg of the shoot is complete, says Production Weekly.
– “ER” alumna Sherry Stringfield has been tapped to co-star opposite Skeet Ulrich on the CBS drama pilot “Back.” Stringfield will play the lead character’s former wife who, after grieving over her husband’s presumed death in the Sept. 11 attacks, has made a life for herself with her second husband.
– ”Twilight” is the most pre-ordered DVD in Wal-Mart history, according to the chain, as it releases further details about its Friday launch parties for the teen vampire flick, according to Video Business.
– Freddie Prinze Jr (“I Know What You Did Last Summer”) will star in a new comedy pilot about B-Superheroes. Eliza Coupe, Arielle Kebbel (“The Grudge 2″) and Canadian actor Paul Campbell (“Battlestar Galactica”) will also star in “No Heroics”.
– TV Guide says of this week’s “Battlestar Galactica” finale : “The first hour-and-a-half of the finale is so intense, you’ll find it difficult to breathe. So many questions will be answered â€” including some you probably thought wouldn’t be addressed due to time constraints. Also, if Mary McDonnell isn’t recognized by the Emmys this year, it’ll be a frakkin’ shame. She had the crowd in tears more than once with her brilliant performance.”
– Ryan Reynolds says there’s a possibility his “X-Men Origins : Wolverine” character, Deadpool, may spin-off into his own film. ”These things work pretty slowly as they go” the actor tells Movies Online. ”I’ve had a couple of people approach for meetings about a ‘Deadpool’ movie, but I think it’s absurd to even think that way until this movie comes out and I don’t even look at it like I play Deadpool in that movie. I really think that I’m more or less playing Wade Wilson, obviously and then I’m playing the creature that will eventually become Deadpool. But in this movie it’s sort of his newly formed version.”
– Rihanna looks set to take the lead role in remake of the classic Whitney Houston/ Kevin Costner film ”The Bodyguard” according to MTV. Channing Tatum has been mentioned as a possibility for Costner’s role.
– Vin Diesel tells Movies Online that David Twohy is hard at work writing the third “Riddick” movie. “‘Heâ€™s currently writing the third film. Itâ€™s hot. But, to answer your question specifically about the scaled down aspect, yes, there is a scaled down portion of this that goes back to the “Pitch Black” style. If you think of â€œPitch Blackâ€ as an introduction to the world, if you think of “Lord of the Rings,” Iâ€™m just using it as a parallel. You think of â€œLord of the Ringsâ€ as three books, a trilogy, you would think of “The Chronicles of Riddick” as the first in that trilogy and there would be two more to follow”.
- Charlie Sheen reprising one of his classic roles - December 18, 2014
- Carell’s North Korea movie cancelled - December 18, 2014
- Stuhlbarg logs onto Jobs biopic - December 18, 2014
- Dumb guys want Carrey for Deep Cover - December 18, 2014
- North Korea responsible for Sony attack - December 18, 2014
- Sony not releasing The Interview now - December 18, 2014
- Trailer : Alien Outpost - December 17, 2014
- Peter Dinklage vs. girly Ghostbusters? - December 17, 2014
- Cinemas dropping The Interview after threats - December 17, 2014
- The Water Diviner - December 17, 2014
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.