Pete Segal – not David Wain, as previously reported – is the frontrunner to direct “Little Fockers”, the third in the “Meet the Parents” series, says Variety.
The “Get Smart” helmer was originally booked up this year, with his main commitment being a sequel to the latter, but became available when Steve Carell instead made a deal to team with Tina Fey in the Shawn Levy-directed comedy “Date Night” for Fox.
David Wain, helmer of “Role Models”, was up for the job as of a fortnight ago. Seems he doesn’t carry as much weight as Segal.
John Hamburg scripted this third installment which is expected to see the cast of “Meet the Fockers” – including Dustin Hoffman and Barbara Streisand – reunite. Owen Wilson, who played a small role in the previous two films, is expected to play a larger part this time ’round.
Segal, who has also directed such comedy hits as “Tommy Boy,” “The Longest Yard” and “50 First Dates,” is meeting with the film’s principal players this week. Universal will get the film into production later this year.
- First look at Lena Dunham in Scandal - March 6, 2015
- Alec Baldwin to play New York Mayor in HBO pilot - March 6, 2015
- Mr T, Tom Selleck, Scott Bakula for Expendables TV show? - March 6, 2015
- Mangold reveals when Wolverine 3 will begin filming - March 6, 2015
- Jared Leto unveils his ‘Joker’ haircut - March 6, 2015
- Toy Story 4 will be of a different genre than the previous three? - March 5, 2015
- Idris Elba reprising Luther for two-part special - March 5, 2015
- Netflix announce new Brit Marling series - March 5, 2015
- Walden Media to co-finance, co-produce Spielberg’s BFG - March 5, 2015
- Trailer : Ghoul - March 5, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.