Of all the cast of TVs “Prison Break” it’s Amaury Nolasco, who plays kindly escapee Sucre, that’s seemingly become the – excuse the pun – ‘break-out’ star. Since the show debuted the Puerto Rico-born actor appeared in quite a few big movies, notably “Transformers” and “Max Payne”. And now, according to The Hollywood Reporter, he has snagged a plum role in “The Rum Diary” opposite Johnny Depp.
Nolasco plays Segurra, the son of the biggest cement-plant owner on the island. Aaron Eckhart, Amber Heard, Richard Jenkins, Giovanni Ribisi and Michael Rispoli are also in the movie.
Nolasco also has a role in the forthcoming “Armored” opposite Matt Dillon and Laurence Fishburne. The Nomrod Antel-directed actioner tells of a guard for an armored truck company who is coerced by his veteran coworkers to steal a truck containing $10 million.
Honestly thought Wentworth Miller would be the breakout star of “Prison Break” – but it’s not looking that way. He hasn’t done a film since the series premiered in 2005.
- Set Visit : American Horror Story : Coven - October 18, 2014
- Richard Wenk – The Equalizer - October 2, 2014
- Moviehole chats to Equalizer scribe Richard Wenk - October 2, 2014
- Talking to Expendables 3 writing duo Creighton Rothenberger and Katrin Benedikt! - August 16, 2014
- Adam Saunders – About Alex - August 7, 2014
- Nicole Perlman – Guardians of the Galaxy - August 1, 2014
- MH talks to Guardians of the Galaxy co-writer Nicole Perlman! - August 1, 2014
- Lisa’s ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Review : it’s got everything and the everything works! - July 31, 2014
- Life Itself - July 5, 2014
- The Last Sentence - June 24, 2014