I remember a couple of years ago some punk made up a bullshit rumour about Matt Damon and Ben Affleck starring in a remake of â€œButch Cassidy and the Sundance Kidâ€ and managed to convince a few websites â€“ not us; his return email bounced so I knew automatically it had to be a venomous epistle- of its legitimacy. It even hit the radio stations here – locally in Australia â€“ and quite a few major newspapers. For all I know, people had even started pre-booking tickets for it on Moviefone.
Now, the U.K rag The Daily Express is reporting that Tom Cruise is interested in remaking the Newman/Redford classic. Yes, itâ€™s the rather fly-by-night Daily Express doing the reporting â€“but at least itâ€™s not some funny-named kid with the spelling skills of a 6-year-old writing from a non-existent hotmail account.
I question it, but there are enough plausible facts here to imply it could be real.
– Cruise has apparently got the blessing of Paul Newman, and we know that he couldâ€™ve, as he and his â€œColor of Moneyâ€ co-star are still good friends.
– Cruise has a woody for the Western â€“ he was circling â€œ3:10 to Yumaâ€ at one stage, and loved the genre so much he made a blink-and-youâ€™ll-miss-him cameo in â€œYoung Gunsâ€ at the request of his pal Emilio Estevez back in the 80s.
Oh, and who would play the Sundance to Cruiseâ€™s Butch? None other than John Travolta, another close friend â€“ and fellow scientologist â€“ of the â€œValkyrieâ€ star. Theyâ€™ve apparently been looking to do something together for quite some time. Iâ€™d believe that. They do seem close.
â€œButch and Sundance is a labour of love for Tom,â€ said a source close to the star. â€œHe was eight years old when he saw the original and it made an impression that has stayed with him all his life. He canâ€™t wait to get to work.â€
Letâ€™s see how this one pans out.
- Story deets for Noomi Rapace starrer Rupture - April 21, 2015
- James Wan doing remake of The Entity - April 21, 2015
- Shadowhunters recruits out of Vampire Academy - April 21, 2015
- Final Trailer : The Death of Superman Lives - April 21, 2015
- Friday Night Lights star headlines S.H.I.E.L.D spin-off - April 21, 2015
- Another original returns for X-Files sequel series - April 21, 2015
- Billy Zane returns for Zoolander 2 - April 21, 2015
- Captain Marvel writers confirmed - April 21, 2015
- Pan postponed - April 21, 2015
- Full Trailer : Fantastic Four - April 20, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.