I remember a couple of years ago some punk made up a bullshit rumour about Matt Damon and Ben Affleck starring in a remake of â€œButch Cassidy and the Sundance Kidâ€ and managed to convince a few websites â€“ not us; his return email bounced so I knew automatically it had to be a venomous epistle- of its legitimacy. It even hit the radio stations here – locally in Australia â€“ and quite a few major newspapers. For all I know, people had even started pre-booking tickets for it on Moviefone.
Now, the U.K rag The Daily Express is reporting that Tom Cruise is interested in remaking the Newman/Redford classic. Yes, itâ€™s the rather fly-by-night Daily Express doing the reporting â€“but at least itâ€™s not some funny-named kid with the spelling skills of a 6-year-old writing from a non-existent hotmail account.
I question it, but there are enough plausible facts here to imply it could be real.
– Cruise has apparently got the blessing of Paul Newman, and we know that he couldâ€™ve, as he and his â€œColor of Moneyâ€ co-star are still good friends.
– Cruise has a woody for the Western â€“ he was circling â€œ3:10 to Yumaâ€ at one stage, and loved the genre so much he made a blink-and-youâ€™ll-miss-him cameo in â€œYoung Gunsâ€ at the request of his pal Emilio Estevez back in the 80s.
Oh, and who would play the Sundance to Cruiseâ€™s Butch? None other than John Travolta, another close friend â€“ and fellow scientologist â€“ of the â€œValkyrieâ€ star. Theyâ€™ve apparently been looking to do something together for quite some time. Iâ€™d believe that. They do seem close.
â€œButch and Sundance is a labour of love for Tom,â€ said a source close to the star. â€œHe was eight years old when he saw the original and it made an impression that has stayed with him all his life. He canâ€™t wait to get to work.â€
Letâ€™s see how this one pans out.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.