Three years after they pulled the pin on the project, Fox has pumped fresh air into the comedy project â€œUsed Guysâ€.
Originally set to go before the cameras in 2006, â€œGuysâ€ centered on a pair of obsolete pleasure clones. The new version will be fairly similar, though the studioâ€™s now restructuring it a tad to be a romantic comedy.
The pic, initially set to star Jim Carrey and Ben Stiller, has regained the interest of Stiller. No word on Carreyâ€™s involvement (itâ€™s possible there is no second male lead now) though Variety says Reese Witherspoon has been mentioned as a possible female lead.
“Little Miss Sunshine” dup Valerie Faris and Jonathan Dayton are in talks to direct the film; Jay Roach was previously onboard in the Carrey/Stiller days.
Fox halted the film in May 2006, a month prior to the start of lensing, saying “Used Guys” wouldn’t be ready for its scheduled start date because of its futuristic sets. Due to the delays, the studio lost both Carrey and Stiller, who both had other acting commitments. It was later revealed that Rothmanâ€™s crowd actually shut the film down when the budget started to escalate above the $110 million mark.
- First look at Lena Dunham in Scandal - March 6, 2015
- Alec Baldwin to play New York Mayor in HBO pilot - March 6, 2015
- Mr T, Tom Selleck, Scott Bakula for Expendables TV show? - March 6, 2015
- Mangold reveals when Wolverine 3 will begin filming - March 6, 2015
- Jared Leto unveils his ‘Joker’ haircut - March 6, 2015
- Toy Story 4 will be of a different genre than the previous three? - March 5, 2015
- Idris Elba reprising Luther for two-part special - March 5, 2015
- Netflix announce new Brit Marling series - March 5, 2015
- Walden Media to co-finance, co-produce Spielberg’s BFG - March 5, 2015
- Trailer : Ghoul - March 5, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.