Three years after they pulled the pin on the project, Fox has pumped fresh air into the comedy project â€œUsed Guysâ€.
Originally set to go before the cameras in 2006, â€œGuysâ€ centered on a pair of obsolete pleasure clones. The new version will be fairly similar, though the studioâ€™s now restructuring it a tad to be a romantic comedy.
The pic, initially set to star Jim Carrey and Ben Stiller, has regained the interest of Stiller. No word on Carreyâ€™s involvement (itâ€™s possible there is no second male lead now) though Variety says Reese Witherspoon has been mentioned as a possible female lead.
“Little Miss Sunshine” dup Valerie Faris and Jonathan Dayton are in talks to direct the film; Jay Roach was previously onboard in the Carrey/Stiller days.
Fox halted the film in May 2006, a month prior to the start of lensing, saying “Used Guys” wouldn’t be ready for its scheduled start date because of its futuristic sets. Due to the delays, the studio lost both Carrey and Stiller, who both had other acting commitments. It was later revealed that Rothmanâ€™s crowd actually shut the film down when the budget started to escalate above the $110 million mark.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.