As of the weekend, the favourite to replace director Brett Ratner (who has apparently dropped out due to a ‘scheduling conflict’) on the remake of “Conan the Barbarian” was James McTiegue.
But that was the weekend, and as CHUD will attest, a lot can happen in a couple of days.
Since posting the McTiegue scoop, CHUD has recieved intel suggesting McTiegue is merely one of several directors being considered for the captain’s chair on the NuImage/Millennium project. Ya see, the “V for Vendetta” director is who NuImage/Millennium want, but distrib Lionsgate also has a say, and they’re not as interested in the Wachowski AD.
Also in the mix, according to the site :
– Neil Marshall (“Doomsday”, “The Descent”). Though he’s not exactly a name that means much box-office wise (since most of his films have flopped), I agree with Devin in that Marshall’s an excellent choice. He actually makes movies, as opposed to visually-stunning shit that’s all style over substance.
– Marcus Nispel (”Friday the 13th”, “Texas Chainsaw Massacre”). Now what was I just saying?
– Christopher Gans (“Brotherhood of the Wolf”, “Silent Hill”). A “Conan” movie from the director of “Brotherhood of the Wolf”!? Yes please! A “Conan” movie from the director of “Silent Hill”!? No thanks!
The new Schwarzenegger-less “Conan” is due to start lensing in Bulgaria in August, so they’ll likely have a director – ideally – sooner rather than later… Maybe even a ‘Conan’ (Christopher Showerman is keen for the gig! Can anyone help get him before the casting director?!) too.
- Fernandez, Noth, Parker, Benson are Chronically Metropolitan - January 30, 2015
- Huisman, Palmer set for Currie’s 2:22 - January 30, 2015
- Junior’s back! Problem Child headed to NBC - January 30, 2015
- Cowboy Ninja Viking finds directors - January 30, 2015
- Disney : Episodes VII and VIII due 2017, 2019 - January 30, 2015
- Eddie Murphy returning to Saturday Night Live - January 30, 2015
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan books Spielberg series - January 30, 2015
- The Flash : Set pics capture Graye, Hamill - January 30, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Spooks : The Greater Good - January 30, 2015
- A teaser for The 5th Wave crashes down - January 30, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.