As of the weekend, the favourite to replace director Brett Ratner (who has apparently dropped out due to a ‘scheduling conflict’) on the remake of “Conan the Barbarian” was James McTiegue.
But that was the weekend, and as CHUD will attest, a lot can happen in a couple of days.
Since posting the McTiegue scoop, CHUD has recieved intel suggesting McTiegue is merely one of several directors being considered for the captain’s chair on the NuImage/Millennium project. Ya see, the “V for Vendetta” director is who NuImage/Millennium want, but distrib Lionsgate also has a say, and they’re not as interested in the Wachowski AD.
Also in the mix, according to the site :
– Neil Marshall (“Doomsday”, “The Descent”). Though he’s not exactly a name that means much box-office wise (since most of his films have flopped), I agree with Devin in that Marshall’s an excellent choice. He actually makes movies, as opposed to visually-stunning shit that’s all style over substance.
– Marcus Nispel (”Friday the 13th”, “Texas Chainsaw Massacre”). Now what was I just saying?
– Christopher Gans (“Brotherhood of the Wolf”, “Silent Hill”). A “Conan” movie from the director of “Brotherhood of the Wolf”!? Yes please! A “Conan” movie from the director of “Silent Hill”!? No thanks!
The new Schwarzenegger-less “Conan” is due to start lensing in Bulgaria in August, so they’ll likely have a director – ideally – sooner rather than later… Maybe even a ‘Conan’ (Christopher Showerman is keen for the gig! Can anyone help get him before the casting director?!) too.
- First look at Lena Dunham in Scandal - March 6, 2015
- Alec Baldwin to play New York Mayor in HBO pilot - March 6, 2015
- Mr T, Tom Selleck, Scott Bakula for Expendables TV show? - March 6, 2015
- Mangold reveals when Wolverine 3 will begin filming - March 6, 2015
- Jared Leto unveils his ‘Joker’ haircut - March 6, 2015
- Toy Story 4 will be of a different genre than the previous three? - March 5, 2015
- Idris Elba reprising Luther for two-part special - March 5, 2015
- Netflix announce new Brit Marling series - March 5, 2015
- Walden Media to co-finance, co-produce Spielberg’s BFG - March 5, 2015
- Trailer : Ghoul - March 5, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.