– Joss Whedon tells Michael Ausiello what he really thinks of the “Buffy, the Vampire Slayer” movie the Kuzui’s are doing without him (OK, I lied, Joss doesn’t say much at all about it – I’m just helping Mike get hits).
– The trades got it wrong. Hayden Christensen will NOT be starring as Mandrake the magician in the upcoming flick, reports MTV. Sounds like he read the latest draft.
– Apparently Quentin Tarantino hasn’t quite finished tinkering with “Inglourious Basterds” – which is just as well, considering the feedback from Cannes. (The Daily Beast)
– Hollywood North Report have the first look at the cover of the “Jennifer’s Body” Official movie adaptation from Boom, and the first look at the cover of the official IDW Publishing movie adaption of “Astro Boy“.
– According to VanDammeFan.net, Jean Claude Van Damme’s quoted as saying he’ll be soon switching genres (no, he’s not playing the priest in the “Footloose” remake). ”I will make a horror movie called The Breed”, VD said. ”Its a great story, great script with true emotion. I want to show the fans I am transferable. I wanted to make a horror movie a few years back but the script was weak and had no direction. Breed is different, itâ€™s set in a village where strange things happenâ€¦ You know what? Let the movie speak for itself!â€” Thanks to Rob2k
– Cinefools spoke to “Land of the Lost” director Brad Silberling in Australia this week, and got wind of a “Lemony Snicket” sequel. Said the filmmaker, ”You know it’s really funny there was a period of time, about a year ago, where I would have said “Oh, good luck” because it was mired in so many things. It was a co-production between Paramount and Dreamworks and there were studio politics and I actually think it’s going to see the light of day. and I, he’s the writer of… is very friendly with Mr. Snicket I should say, we stay in constant touch about it, because I would love nothing more than to do that and we’ve been hoping to, so I think there will be a chance it may take a wildly different form but I think it will probably happen.”
– Gareth at SKNR.net tells me he talked to some guy called, um, er… let me check the email again… oh yes, Christopher Showerman about his forthcoming “Land That Time Forgot” remake. (Showerman’s used to working with dinosaurs).
– Mike Tyson’s daughter has tragically died after a treadmill accident. Sad stuff. (News.com.au)
– Ballarat boy Roger Donaldson (“The Bank Job”) is in negotiations to direct “Umbra” for Relativity Media. Plot details on the project are being kept under wraps, but it is described as a paranoid thriller (so it’s about Swine Flu?). (Variety)
– Al Pacino has been set to star in an HBO telepic about right-to-die champion Dr. Jack Kevorkian, to be helmed by Barry Levinson (“Rainman”). Pic will revolve around Kevorkianâ€™s construction of his infamous â€œMercy Machine,â€ his first assisted suicide in the early 1990s and the resulting media frenzy. Kevorkian was convicted of second-degree murder in 1999 as a result of his involvement in an assisted suicide that was videotaped and later shown on TV. He was released from prison in 2007. (Variety)
– My friend Juliet Landau talked to the guys at Comics Continuum about her role in the forthcoming “Green Lantern : First Flight” movie. ”I really liked the sexuality and the flirtatiousness of the character’, says the “Buffy” vet. And speaking of Green Lantern, check out this amazing fan-made trailer, featuring Nathan Fillion in the greens.
-Yahoo have the first 5 minutes from “Blood : The Last Vampire” up. Looks like it could be a bit of fun!
– Rumours of a “Dr Who” feature film have emerged at the BBC. Eric Roberts needs get the casting director on the phone now dammit!
– There’s some set pics of a Terminator in a skirt here.
– “Terminator Salvation” grossed $53.8 million from 3,530 runs for the Friday-Monday stretch in a lower-than-expected start for the film, which relaunches the franchise sans Arnold Schwarzenegger. Pic opened Thursday to $13.4 million, putting its five-day total at $67.2 million. That must hurt more than a biro up the ass! (Variety)
– The Chicago home made famous in “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” is up for sale. If you have $2.3 million laying around, it could be yours. (The Chicago Tribune)
– A Clip from “Downloading Nancy”, starring Maria Bello and Jason Patric, can be viewed at Moviefone. Sadly no shots of Bello in a bathing suit.
Film Reccomendation of the Day
Since I forgot to add a ‘film reccomendation’ to the last instalment of Clints Bits here’s two :
Red Dawn – Tommy Howell. The Swayze. Lorraine McFly. Carlos Sheen. Powers Boothe (!) all taking on the Russians when the Vodka-swiggers decide to invade their small mid-western town. One of the best flicks of the early 80s. One I never get sick of watching. Boy that John Milius loves his firepower though doesn’t he!? Bit of a worry. (There’s only one moment in the film that I don’t like – it’s the line Harry Dean Stanton delivers. You know the one). As I mentioned on Twitter, “Red Dawn” is the only worthwhile ‘Wolverine’ in existence.
Terminator 2 : Special Edition – Cameron & Wisher’s super-sequel delivers in any and every form, but the special edition – like Cameron’s “Aliens” SE – is my personal fave way to witness Sarah Connor’s final stand. Love it that Michael Biehn’s in there – albeit briefly – as Reese, and really enjoy the restored ‘world blows up’ scenes that Cameron reportedly hated cutting from the original cut. But whether or not you watch this version, or the original cut, you’re still guaranteed a great movie. “Terminator” (1984) might still be the better film, in my opinion, but “Terminator 2″ is still undoubtedly one very solid sequel….
- First look at Lena Dunham in Scandal - March 6, 2015
- Alec Baldwin to play New York Mayor in HBO pilot - March 6, 2015
- Mr T, Tom Selleck, Scott Bakula for Expendables TV show? - March 6, 2015
- Mangold reveals when Wolverine 3 will begin filming - March 6, 2015
- Jared Leto unveils his ‘Joker’ haircut - March 6, 2015
- Toy Story 4 will be of a different genre than the previous three? - March 5, 2015
- Idris Elba reprising Luther for two-part special - March 5, 2015
- Netflix announce new Brit Marling series - March 5, 2015
- Walden Media to co-finance, co-produce Spielberg’s BFG - March 5, 2015
- Trailer : Ghoul - March 5, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.