Not surprisingly, considering how much cabbage it made not only theatrically but on home video, Pixarâ€™s â€œMonsterâ€™s Incâ€ is planting a sequel seed.
At the licensing fair in Las Vegas, Disney/Pixar revealed (albeit behind closed doors to buyers only) that original director Pete Docter (â€œUpâ€) will return to helm a sequel to the 2001 flick. The original garnered a sweet $62 million on its initial opening weekend in the states.
Despite their original plan to mainly produce original content, the House of Mouse seem to be well and truly on the sequel train now. In addition to â€œMonsters Inc 2â€, theyâ€™ve also got sequels to â€œToy Storyâ€ and â€œCarsâ€ on their books.
Jim Hill Media, who had the â€œMonsterâ€™s Incâ€ scoop, also reports that Disney has pushed back Uncle Jerryâ€™s fourth â€œPirates of the Caribbeanâ€ movie, starring Johnny Depp, to 2012 (it was originally earmarked for 2011). By the sounds of it, Bruckheimer and company are putting all their energy into the â€œLone Rangerâ€ remake â€“ also starring Johnny Depp â€“ before rebooting their systems for the â€œCaribbeanâ€ sequel. Its OK mate, weâ€™re in no rush â€“ or I arenâ€™t anyway.
- First look at Lena Dunham in Scandal - March 6, 2015
- Alec Baldwin to play New York Mayor in HBO pilot - March 6, 2015
- Mr T, Tom Selleck, Scott Bakula for Expendables TV show? - March 6, 2015
- Mangold reveals when Wolverine 3 will begin filming - March 6, 2015
- Jared Leto unveils his ‘Joker’ haircut - March 6, 2015
- Toy Story 4 will be of a different genre than the previous three? - March 5, 2015
- Idris Elba reprising Luther for two-part special - March 5, 2015
- Netflix announce new Brit Marling series - March 5, 2015
- Walden Media to co-finance, co-produce Spielberg’s BFG - March 5, 2015
- Trailer : Ghoul - March 5, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.