Not surprisingly, considering how much cabbage it made not only theatrically but on home video, Pixarâ€™s â€œMonsterâ€™s Incâ€ is planting a sequel seed.
At the licensing fair in Las Vegas, Disney/Pixar revealed (albeit behind closed doors to buyers only) that original director Pete Docter (â€œUpâ€) will return to helm a sequel to the 2001 flick. The original garnered a sweet $62 million on its initial opening weekend in the states.
Despite their original plan to mainly produce original content, the House of Mouse seem to be well and truly on the sequel train now. In addition to â€œMonsters Inc 2â€, theyâ€™ve also got sequels to â€œToy Storyâ€ and â€œCarsâ€ on their books.
Jim Hill Media, who had the â€œMonsterâ€™s Incâ€ scoop, also reports that Disney has pushed back Uncle Jerryâ€™s fourth â€œPirates of the Caribbeanâ€ movie, starring Johnny Depp, to 2012 (it was originally earmarked for 2011). By the sounds of it, Bruckheimer and company are putting all their energy into the â€œLone Rangerâ€ remake â€“ also starring Johnny Depp â€“ before rebooting their systems for the â€œCaribbeanâ€ sequel. Its OK mate, weâ€™re in no rush â€“ or I arenâ€™t anyway.
- Fernandez, Noth, Parker, Benson are Chronically Metropolitan - January 30, 2015
- Huisman, Palmer set for Currie’s 2:22 - January 30, 2015
- Junior’s back! Problem Child headed to NBC - January 30, 2015
- Cowboy Ninja Viking finds directors - January 30, 2015
- Disney : Episodes VII and VIII due 2017, 2019 - January 30, 2015
- Eddie Murphy returning to Saturday Night Live - January 30, 2015
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan books Spielberg series - January 30, 2015
- The Flash : Set pics capture Graye, Hamill - January 30, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Spooks : The Greater Good - January 30, 2015
- A teaser for The 5th Wave crashes down - January 30, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.