– Several new reviews up today : Eddie Murphy’s latest “Imagine That”, the acclaimed Sam Rockwell drama “Moon”, and the remake of “The Taking of Pelham 123″ (which, despite how sucky it sounds, I’m still interested in seeing – the idea of Travolta and Scott is too irresistible).
– Joel Soisson talks about a possible remake of 80s classic “Trick or Treat” in today’s Moviehole Mailbag.
– Peter Hedges has signed on to write and direct “The Odd Life of Timothy Green,” a modern-day fable for Disney. The house of Mouse are keeping details under wraps for now. (The Hollywood Reporter)
– Congrats to one of the stars of “Complacent”, Keir O’Donnell, who is set to star in the pilot for “Ghosts/Aliens,” a live-action comedy for Comedy Central that also is being developed as a feature at Paramount Vantage. Jonathan Sadowski from “Friday the 13th” is also onboard.
– Lifetime Movie Network is making a “Cinderella Pact,” greenlighting an original movie toplined by “Without a Trace” star Poppy Montgomery. Based on Sarah Strohmeyer’s novel “The Cinderella Pact,” “Cinderella” centers on Nola Devlin, a frumpy, overworked and underappreciated magazine editor whose alter ego, Belinda Apple, is the magazine’s “reclusive” but sexy advice columnist. (The Hollywood Reporter)
– The Australian release of “Stargate SG-1 : Children of the Gods” has been set for Wednesday August 5 (EzyDVD)
– A remake of the 2002 horror film “2LDK” (the title refers to “two bedrooms, living room, dining room and kitchen) is in the works. (Bloody Disgusting)
– Todd McFarlane says he wants Leonardo DiCaprio to star as ‘Spawn’ in the (second) big-screen version of the comic book series (MTV)
– Despite Ridley Scott and Tony Scott appointing Carl Rinsch for the job, Fox are reportedly much keener on having Ridley direct the “Alien” prequel. (EW)
– Michael Ausiello reports that Brian Austin Green will not be headed to “One Tree Hill” as previously reported.
– Aging hottie Diane Lane is set to star in “Secretariat,” the Disney film about the relationship between the 1973 Triple Crown-winning racehorse and his owner, Penny Chenery. Randall Wallace (“Braveheart”) is directing the film this fall from a script by Mike Rich. (Variety)
– Dark Hero Studios partners David Hayter and Benedict Carver have joined with Pandemonium’s Bill Mechanic to turn the comicbook “Deadworld” into a zombie feature franchise. Hayter (“Watchmen”) will write the screenplay, and he and Mechanic will produce with Framelight’s Robert L. Robinson Jr. and Jeffrey D. Erb (initially a producer on “First Howl”). (Variety)
– Matt Prokop (TVs “The Office”) has joined the cast of Summit Entertainment and Participant Media’s family comedy “Furry Vengeance.” He will star opposite Brendan Fraser as a sarcastic city kid transplanted to the country after his father moves them there to build a housing subdivision. The two do battle with local wildlife fed up with intrusions into their Oregon wilderness. (The Hollywood Reporter)
– Bryan Cranston (“Breaking Bad”), Vinessa Shaw and Ron Livingston have joined the cast of Robert Celestino’s indie thriller “Leave,” about a novelist and his encounters on a road trip. (Variety)
– The long-gestating Lance Armstrong biopic (at one stage said to be courting Matt Damon) has brought on writer Gary Ross (“Seabiscuit”), a writer well-versed in sports comeback stories and could shoot as early as next year, according to producer Frank Marshall. (The Hollywood Reporter)
– Universal Pictures and Imagine Entertainment have set Justin Theroux (the writer of “Tropic Thunder”) to direct “Chief Ron.” The Jordan Roberts-scripted comedy concerns a conman who claims Mohegan ancestry in an attempt to open a casino. (Variety)
– Warner Bros. television boss Peter Ross is apparently keen on a “Gilmore Girls” feature film. (Michael Ausiello)
– In a low- to mid-seven-figure deal, Sony Pictures Animation has picked up the rights to “The Familiars,” an upcoming children’s fantasy book series written by Adam Jay Epstein and Andrew Jacobson. Sam Raimi and Josh Donen are in negotiations to produce via their Stars Road Entertainment banner. Epstein and Jacobson also will write the script. (The Hollywood Reporter)
– The next season of “Ghost Whisperer” will jump forward five-years in the future. Casting agents are now on the lookout for a youngster to play Melinda and Jim’s five-year-old son Aiden. (Michael Ausiello)
– A sequel to “Kick-Ass” is likely (if the first film is a hit) to happen within two years of the first film’s release. (Sci-Fi Wire)
– Is James Bond headed to Afghanistan? If the British Press says so, it must be true… right? (The Guardian)
- First look at Lena Dunham in Scandal - March 6, 2015
- Alec Baldwin to play New York Mayor in HBO pilot - March 6, 2015
- Mr T, Tom Selleck, Scott Bakula for Expendables TV show? - March 6, 2015
- Mangold reveals when Wolverine 3 will begin filming - March 6, 2015
- Jared Leto unveils his ‘Joker’ haircut - March 6, 2015
- Toy Story 4 will be of a different genre than the previous three? - March 5, 2015
- Idris Elba reprising Luther for two-part special - March 5, 2015
- Netflix announce new Brit Marling series - March 5, 2015
- Walden Media to co-finance, co-produce Spielberg’s BFG - March 5, 2015
- Trailer : Ghoul - March 5, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.