Denzel Washington is reboarding â€œUnstoppableâ€ â€“ the Tony Scott-directed Runaway Train thriller that derailed, albeit temporarily, a month ago or so due to financial reasons.
The Oscar Winner and 20th Century Fox have reached a compromise. The film is back on its fast track for a fall start, with pre-production under way in Pittsburgh, says Variety.
Washington has been attached since April to reteam with Scott and play a veteran engineer who jumps into a locomotive with a young conductor (Chris Pine of “Star Trek”) to stop an unmanned runaway train loaded with toxic cargo. The Mark Bomback script is based on true events.
Progress on the film slowed when Fox insisted that the budget be brought close to $90 million, which required salary concessions from the director and star. Sources said the studio asked Scott and Washington to shave $3 million and $4 million off their respective salaries. Washington declined and his WME agent Ed Limato began looking for other film jobs for his starâ€™s fall slot.
- Set Visit : American Horror Story : Coven - October 18, 2014
- Richard Wenk – The Equalizer - October 2, 2014
- Moviehole chats to Equalizer scribe Richard Wenk - October 2, 2014
- Talking to Expendables 3 writing duo Creighton Rothenberger and Katrin Benedikt! - August 16, 2014
- Adam Saunders – About Alex - August 7, 2014
- Nicole Perlman – Guardians of the Galaxy - August 1, 2014
- MH talks to Guardians of the Galaxy co-writer Nicole Perlman! - August 1, 2014
- Lisa’s ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Review : it’s got everything and the everything works! - July 31, 2014
- Life Itself - July 5, 2014
- The Last Sentence - June 24, 2014