It’s difficult to see everything at Comic-Con, let alone write about everything that happens, or is heard, there. As a consequence, I’m going to mash-up a few announcements and other titbits that have leaked over the past 24-hours in San Diego.
– Coffee is still darn expensive at the in-house Starbucks!
– Robert Zemeckis hinted that a sequel to “Who Framed Roger Rabbit?”, again starring Bob Hoskins and a slew of 2D toon favourites, might finally be in the works. The filmmaker also unveiled a couple of scenes from “A Christmas Carol” for attendees.
– Disney is doing a bit of viral marketing for “Alice in Wonderland”. At the end of it’s panel, moderator Patton Oswalt told attendees to keep checking http://twitter.com/ImportantDate for details on a secret “Tea Party”.
– Sony are reportedly considering doing a sequel to “Night of the Creeps”. (Bloody Disgusting)
– Disney’s head of production, Oren Aviv, tells Coming Soon that, “We’re going to shoot ‘Pirates 4′ in April and May of next year. We are going to release it hopefully in 2011 is the plan.” Aviv says the new film is intended to be the first chapter in a new trilogy.
– Seth Rogen has unveiled the ‘Black Betty’ from his upcoming “Green Hornet”. You can check out some pics of the car here.
– Clark Kent will don the Superman costume next season on “Smallville”! Comic-Con attendees (well, some) have previewed the costume Tom Welling has been fitted for. Full details at Aint it Cool News.
– MTV has premiered the trailer and poster for James McTiegue’s “Ninja Assassin”.
– Tim Burton tells Bloody Disgusting that his next film will be the film adaptation of the TV series “Dark Shadows” starring Johnny Depp.
– A better look at the “Jonah Hex” one-sheet is up at Coming Soon.
– Shock Til You Drop has your first look at the teaser poster for “Dead of Night”, which was unveiled at Comic Con today.