News from Comic-Con :
- Ronald D.Moore and Edward James Olmos, among others, were on the “Battlestar Galactica”/”Caprica” Panel at Comic Con. No new footage from “Caprica” was screened, though audiences did get a peek at the teaser on the big screen. (Slashfilm).
- And speaking of “Galactica”, Edward James Olmos teased that he’s written a script for a film that takes place after the events of the series. “I’ve actually written an entire script already on exactly what happened to him. Let me put it to you this way: When you next see Adama, he will be in a rustic log cabin, and there will be a knock on the door. And it will be his old friend Col. Tigh saying, ‘We have a problem.’ And that’s how the journey begins.” (E! Online)
- Disney hosted an elaborate viral campaign for “Tron Legacy”, which ultimately led participants to ‘Flynn’s Arcade’. You can read all about it here.
- For those who read it on my Twitter page, no, you can not buy the first issue of “Condition Dead” the comic at Comic-Con this year (but let me tell you, it’s magnificent!). I’ll be sure to let you know when you can get it though. Patience is a virtue. Thanks for the interest though!
- New footage was shown from the long-delayed “The Box”, starring Cameron Diaz, at Comic Con. Shock Til You Drop has a description of what was shown.
- Clancy Brown (“Starship Troopers”) and Paul Giamatti will be just two of the voices actors in the film adaptation of “The Goon”.
- Screen Gems’ “Legion” is intended to be the first part in a trilogy. The film will also be a “Hard-R”, according to Bloody Disgusting.
- Shock Til You Drop has pics up from the “Nightmare on Elm Street” and “Jonah Hex” panels.
- Three posters for Joss Whedon’s “Cabin in the Woods” have emerged at Comic Con. (Bloody Disgusting)
- Collider has a recap of the “Where the Wild Things Are” Presentation. For a film that’s had to jump a fuck-load of hurdles, it sounds like it’s going to have the last laugh!
- “Lost” alum Dominic Monaghan was officially unveiled as an addition to the cast of the Alphabet’s fantasy drama “FlashForward” on Friday during the Comic-Con session on the show. Gabrielle Union is also signing on to the show in a recurring role. She’ll play a criminal defense attorney who becomes involved romantically with one the core characters. (Variety)
- Tom Welling will make his first-ever Comic Con appearance on Sunday. Hmmm.. wonder if this has anything to do about a certain outfit his character on “Smallville” might be donning soon?
- Footage of “The Prisoner” remake that was screened at Comic-Con today has now been made available on the show’s official website.
- James Cameron says he’s still considering doing a sequel to “True Lies”, but it’ll be up to Arnold Schwarzenegger whether or not it happens. (The Wrap)
- Michael Keaton is confirmed to be voicing the character of ‘Ken’ in “Toy Story 3″. (Variety)
- Fans of “Dollhouse,” Joss Whedon’s little show that nearly didn’t make it to a second season, got a look at the show’s dystopian future at Comic-Con Friday afternoon with the screening of “Epitaph One,” a previously unseen 13th episode. Whedon also confirmed guest-shots by Alexis Denisof (“Angel”) and Summer Glau (“Firefly,” “Serenity”) in Season 2. (Variety). Michael Ausiello is also reporting that Amy Acker will return for three episodes next season.
- Robert Rodriguez has confirmed rumours that he’s after Lindsay Lohan for a role in “Machete”. The filmmaker tells MTV Movies Blog, ”There’s actually cool part in the movie for her if she takes it.”
- Robert Meyer Burnett says he has written a sequel to ”Free Enterprise” called ”The Wrath of Shatner” and is trying to put together a distribution deal so he can make the film. (Home Media Magazine)
- Brandon Routh says that there appears to be new momentum on a “Superman Returns” sequel and that he and Sam Huntington (‘Jimmy Olsen’) are both interested in returning for the sequel if it happens. (IGN Movies)
- Cinema Blend has pics from Disney’s “Alice in Wonderland” ‘Tea Party’ event.
- Adrianne Palicki might not be returning as Tyra for the fourth season of “Friday Night Lights”! (Say it ain’t so!?). “I’m actually going to be shooting [Red Dawn] during the fourth season, so I don’t know if I’m going back,” she told Michael Ausiello during a break from promoting her upcoming Biblical thriller ”Legion”. “I know they want me to [come back].”
- Anna Faris tells MTV that she’d like to make a sequel to “The House Bunny”. “What do you think about this: I want her to be a country singer”, Faris asks the site.
News NOT from Comic-Con
- David Cronenberg is teaming up with Portuguese producer Paulo Branco to bring Don DeLillo’s novel “Cosmopolis” to the screen. Cronenberg will helm and also adapt the 2003 novel for the screen. Story follows a 28-year-old multimillionaire on a 24-hour odyssey across Manhattan. (Variety)
- The CW has revealed three new posters for the upcoming “Melrose Place” reboot. (CHUD)
- “Trick R’ Treat” writer/director Mike Dougherty isn’t ruling out doing a sequel to his long-delayed pic. ”I think I would wait to see if there was enough interest to warrant a sequel”, he tells Collider. “Thatâ€™s not to say that I wouldnâ€™t mind exploring it, even in comic book form””.
- Katie Price aka Jordan, who recently in news for her split with hubby Peter Andre, has auditioned for a role in the new ”Sex and the City” movie. (One India)
- After ten years off air, Channel 9’s “Hey Hey, It’s Saturday” will return to Australian television for two live reunion shows but not on the night which made it famous. According to TV Tonight, the shows will be broadcast on a Tuesday.
Film Reccomendation of the Day :
Endless Love (1981) – One of my guilty pleasures.Â It was dipped in a vat of cheese before it was unspooled, but there’s still something quite sweet and beautiful about Franco Zifferelli’s oh-so-80’s lovers-torn-apart (Brooke Shields & Martin Hewitt) flick. Great title tune by Diana Ross & Lionel Ritchie, and doesn’t hurt that Shields is as cute as a bunny in it either! (Keep your eyes peeled for a young Tom Cruise as a football player).
- Joey Potter hires Ray Donovan - January 28, 2015
- Kickboxer star up for Iron Fist? - January 28, 2015
- Imitation Game director resuscitates old Keanu Reeves project - January 28, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Fantastic Four - January 28, 2015
- Crossbones in spooky supernatural yarn Stephanie - January 28, 2015
- Aussie lad may save America in Independence Day 2 - January 28, 2015
- Watch a Wet Hot American Summer teaser - January 28, 2015
- Jeff Daniels, Aaron Sorkin reunite for Jobs biopic - January 28, 2015
- Chris Pratt as young Indiana Jones!? - January 28, 2015
- Creed punches into production! - January 27, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.