Itâ€™s 1991 all over again!
Hollywood is greasing the wheels on a second- the first, starring Russell Crowe in the lead role, will be out next year – â€˜Robin Hoodâ€™ film.
This latest incarnation of the literary hero is said to feature a futuristic spin. Atlas Entertainment and Hollywood Gang will produce the untitled saga for Warner Bros, with commercials director Nicolai Fuglsig, who pitched the project, directing.
The Hollywood Reporter says few plot details have been revealed about the new Robin Hood, but it will be set in a dystopian London and center on a band of thieves whose activities restore hope to the cityâ€™s embattled population. Producers describe it as “a futuristic action adventureâ€ that will be “both inspired by and pay homage to the legend of Robin Hood.”
Fuglsig is the man that convinced Atlas and Hollywood Gang to invest in the project.
“His stunning visual presentation blew me away,” said producer Charles Roven, whose Atlas is also developing the screenplay “Bleederjack” with Fuglsig. “He has a very clear vision for the film, one that will re-invent and modernize a classic story.”
Ridley Scott is now shooting his version of Robin Hood for Universal and Imagine.
- Magnolia picks up Experimenter; New image released - March 27, 2015
- Taylor-Johnson quits Fifty Shades franchise - March 26, 2015
- X-Men : Apocalypse casts Jubilee; cameos rumoured - March 26, 2015
- Trailer : Maggie - March 26, 2015
- Ben Mendelsohn may star in a Star Wars movie - March 26, 2015
- B v S : Luthor picture; story details - March 26, 2015
- Star Trek 3 : Elba to play villain; Pegg talks scripting - March 26, 2015
- Peter Craig aboard Lawrence’s Addario biopic - March 26, 2015
- Spielberg directing Ernie Cline’s Ready Player One - March 26, 2015
- Jason Segel directing a Lego movie!? - March 26, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.