Choreographer turned filmmaker Kevin Tancharoen (â€œFameâ€) tells Moviehole heâ€™s dancing into a science-fiction flick next.
â€œArcanaâ€, says Tancharoean, â€œis a unique blend of the graphic-novel backdrop â€“ like Blade Runner â€“ and shot like 300, and has a little bit of Warriors mixed in there, with a little bit of martial arts, so itâ€™s got a lot of crazy elements in there. Itâ€™s going to be really cool. Weâ€™re writing it right now actually â€“ a guy named John Ridley is writing it; Iâ€™m very happy we got him.â€
Ridley recently wrote the script for â€œRed Tailsâ€, the George Lucas-produced adventure pic about the Tuskegee Airmen, the first African-American pilots to fly in a combat squadron during World War II.
The filmmaker says you shouldnâ€™t be surprised that he, the dancing man, is next headed into â€œBlade Runnerâ€ territory.
â€œIâ€™m first a comic and video-game nerd â€¦. Who got into dancing somehowâ€, he laughs.
â€œArcanaâ€ is set up at Rat Entertainment and will be produced by Brett Ratner (â€œX-Men : The Last Standâ€) and Jay Stern (â€œRush Hour 3â€). Universal will distribute.
- Lively, Clarke set for Forster’s All I See is You - February 27, 2015
- Sands files Minority Report - February 27, 2015
- Blomkamp’s statement on Alien plans misconstrued - February 27, 2015
- Routh gets Lost, West in the Money - February 26, 2015
- Billy Lynn nabs Alwyn, eyes Hedlund - February 26, 2015
- Spidey could remain Peter Parker after all - February 26, 2015
- Virginia Madsen to experience Joy - February 26, 2015
- Voges, Zombie reunite for 31 - February 26, 2015
- Schwarzenegger back for Terminator 6 - February 26, 2015
- When does the next Star Wars trailer hit? - February 26, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.