As youâ€™ll have heard, Sony and director Peter Berg are developing a sequel to the successful but [I thought] sloppy dramedy, â€œHancockâ€.
It was expected that star Will Smith would be back to don the leather one-piece again, but what of co-stars Charlize Theron and Jason Bateman?
Berg responded to the query at the Toronto Film Festival today confirming Theron and Bateman would indeed be back, according to MTV. He also told the site that a new cast member would be added â€“ he/she would play a third superhero, sharing similar powers to Smith and Theronâ€™s characters in the film.
While plot details are being kept under wraps, Berg has said Smith and Theron will once again play immortal gods, who lose their powers when in each other’s presence. The two must pair up to deal with a third entity.
“We have [someone in mind],” Berg said in regards to who might play that role. “I’m not gonna tell you who, but we have!”
Bergâ€™s getting a little ahead of himself â€“ no deals have been made with the actors (because the script isnâ€™t complete yet), heâ€™s just assuming they wonâ€™t knock back the chance to star in a sequel to one of this decadeâ€™s most unenthused, tone-troubled blockbusters.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.