Popular character actor Henry Gibson has died. He was 73.
Gibson, who had been battling cancer, was a member of the original ensemble of NBC’s top-rated “Laugh-In,” on which he performed for three seasons.
Though he appeared in more than a few films and TV series, for me, it was his role as supermarket chief Mr Wormwood in Joe Danteâ€™s â€œInnerspaceâ€ that Iâ€™ll best remember him for. Heâ€™s absolutely wonderful in that flick â€“ very funny. And he had great chemistry with Martin Short.
His other credits include â€œThe Burbsâ€, â€œThe Blueâ€™s Brothersâ€, â€œCharlotteâ€™s Webâ€ (he voiced Wilbur) and the 2007 comedy, â€œBig Stanâ€. Gibson’s recent work included a five-season stint as cantankerous Judge Clarence Brown on ABC’s “Boston Legal”.
Our condolences to his family, friends and many fans.
- Exclusive : Steve Jobs looking for Dad - December 22, 2014
- Into the Woods - December 22, 2014
- Snap! Interview on Crackle rumor goes Pop! - December 22, 2014
- Drew Goddard may direct next Spider-Man - December 22, 2014
- Trailer : The Wedding Ringer - December 22, 2014
- The Interview only delayed, says Sony lawyer - December 21, 2014
- Trailer : It Follows - December 20, 2014
- Trailer : Kill Me Three Times - December 20, 2014
- The Interview sh*storm still spins - December 20, 2014
- Interview promo suggests Christmas day release still on!? - December 19, 2014
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.