Marlon Wayans has emerged as the unlikely front-runner to play comic great Richard Pryor in a new biopic from â€œDreamgirlsâ€ director Bill Condon, according to Variety.
Condon had initially sparked the interest of his â€œDreamgirlsâ€ star Eddie Murphy to play the stage and screen great. Unfortunately, Oscar Nominee Murphy wanted more cabbage than a skinny triathlete to participate.
Wayans, who despite being best known for his work in comedies like â€œWhite Chicksâ€ and â€œScary Movieâ€, has proved in the past that he does embody some T-bone size dramatic chops â€“ via performances in such films as â€œRequiem for a Dreamâ€ and â€˜â€™Behind the Smileâ€ â€“ so may actually be able to pull this off. And if he does, look for the 37-year-old actor to get a bump in his â€œG.I Joe 2â€ pay come 201o (Lorenzo is shitting himself!).
(Surprisingly â€“ well, I guess not, suppose Sandler and Co. were hugely influenced by Pryor) Happy Madison and Columbia Pictures are behind the pic, with Adam Sandler and Jack Giarraputo, along with Chris Rock, Mark Gordon and Jennifer Pryor, producing. The project, budgeted at just under $20 million, is eyeballing a Spring 2010 launch.
Sandler will likely play Pryorâ€™s first manager, Sandy Gallin, in the movie.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.