Update! : Variety has confirmed Bloody Disgusting’s scoop (From last August) regarding Legendary Pictures developing a new “Godzilla” movie. Legendary will co-produce and co-finance with Warners.
Here’s the Original Story…
Thereâ€™s a fire-breathing monster headed towards Hollywood and Vineâ€¦ and it ainâ€™t a Weinstein.
Bloody Disgusting reports that a new â€œGodzillaâ€ picture is in the works. Legendary Pictures, the crowd behind superhero jaunts â€œWatchmenâ€ and â€˜The Dark Knightâ€, are reportedly behind the Jurassic creatureâ€™s Tinseltown resurgence. There’s no other details at this stage.
The last time Hollywood tackled the Japanese Lizard things didnâ€™t work out so well. 1998â€™s â€œGodzillaâ€, starring Matthew Broderick, and directed by Roland Emmerich, wasnâ€™t just slammed by fans, it was a box office disappointment to boot. Tri Star had originally hoped itâ€™d be the first chapter in a new franchise (hence the final sequence of the first film â€“ with Godzillaâ€™s eggs hatching at Madison Square Gardens).
More on this as it comes to handâ€¦
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.