Hi, it’s Adam Frazier – yes, I realize I’m not supposed to make contact with you after our previous correspondence. However, I have gone against my better judgment (and the wishes of Modesto law enforcement) to reach out to you once more with a simple request. When you’re putting the finishing touches on the Prequel Special Editions – could you insert a scene or edit an existing scene to include Captain Rex?
Dave Filoni’s “Star Wars: Clone Wars” televisions series (on Cartoon Network) is the greatest thing to happen to Star Wars since Timothy Zahn’s Thrawn Trilogy. The series has done a magnificent job of introducing new characters that old and new fans love alike. Of course, any true Star Wars fan knows that Commander Cody is in “Episode III: Revenge of the Sith,” however it would be pretty amazing to see Captain Rex w/ Anakin Skywalker when he raids the Jedi Temple. We know Rex is a member of the 501st and it would be great to see his signature fox ears marching up the steps.
With that being said, I’m fully expecting Captain Rex to survive the Clone Wars – but then again, maybe you’ll kill him off to save yourself the trouble of handling requests such as this. Speaking of killing people off before Episode III, what are you going to do with Ahsoka Tano? Are you going to some how find a way to keep her alive as a character for the live-action show? Why you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy lookin’ nerf herder – don’t play games with my heart.
OK, so I drank a bottle of wine, played “Clone Wars: Republic Heroes” on my Playstation 3 and fantasized of seeing Captain Rex in “Revenge of the Sith,” so sue me. You know what, why don’t you just fly me out to Skywalker Ranch and I’ll help supervise the special editions – because we all know you’re making them for Blu Ray… or 3D or something crazy.
Dave Filoni and his team are breathing life into Star Wars once more – dare I say they may have accidentally inspired George Lucas in the process. I hope so, for the saga’s sake. I’ve got a wish list as long and deep as Beggar’s Canyon, just waiting to fall into the right hands of the folks over at Lucasfilm…
Help me, Dave Filoni. You’re my only hope!
- Malone’s Movie Minute : The Avengers - May 5, 2012
- SXSW : Seeking Asian Female - March 21, 2012
- SxSW Preview: Written in Ink - February 25, 2012
- The Cynical Optimist is no fan of Rick McCallum - February 12, 2012
- The Cynical Optimist : The Problem with Hollywood… - February 1, 2012
- Cynical Optimist : What’s better, Breaking Bad or Sons of Anarchy? - January 3, 2012
- The Cynical Optimist’s Top 10 Films of 2011 - January 1, 2012
- Bellflower - December 18, 2011
- The Cynical Optimist accepts a Mission : Impossible from Brad Bird - December 18, 2011
- The Cynical Optimist spares some ink to get a Tattoo redone - December 13, 2011