James Bond. Pride and Prejudice. Lethal Weapon. Miami Vice – films and franchises’ Tim Burton would never be suitable for. But a big-screen adaptation of the greatest fairytale in dog-eared book history? Now that’s a better fit than a small knife in a cutlery door!
Already shaping up to be one of 2010’s biggest hits, ”Alice in Wonderland” relays the classic bedtime story but it’s embossed with Burton’s legendary visionary and, some may say, welcomingly eccentric filmmaking-style.
Johnny Depp – who, these days, is to Burton what Robert DeNiro was to Marty Scorsese back in the early 80s – is aptly cast as the fantastical nutter ‘The Mad Hatter’, Australia’s Mia Wasikowska (“Rogue”) is the titular ‘Alice’, and the effortlessly beautiful Anne Hathaway (whose career got a kick-start thanks to Disney via “The Princess Diaries” all those years ago) as the iniquitous White Witch.
Thanks to Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures Australia, we’ve a sneak peek at, not only some concept art from the film (below), but a new video featuring Johnny Depp talking up ‘The Mad Hatter’.
ALICE IN WONDERLAND in Disney Digital 3Dâ„¢ on March 4.
- Sounds as good as official : Michael Biehn’s back for Alien 5 - March 3, 2015
- Superhero Bits : Supergirl, Suicide Squad, Batman - March 3, 2015
- Red-Band Trailer : Get Hard - March 3, 2015
- Casting : Black, Cuban, Berg, Rousey, Uwais, Dornan, Murphy - March 3, 2015
- Killing alum is Shondra’s latest Catch - March 3, 2015
- Orphan Black season 3 trailer - March 3, 2015
- Valderrama joins that Minority Report show - March 3, 2015
- Goddard rebooting Spider-Man - March 3, 2015
- Lawrence, Spielberg win War - March 3, 2015
- Netflix announces airdates for OITNB, Wet Hot American Summer and more… - March 3, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.