What does esteemed actor/writer/director Gary Oldman, cell phones, a Jewish Hip Hop group named Chutzpah, bikini clad women and a music video all have in common?
They are the focus of accomplished actress/writer and debut director Juliet Landau’s funny, cutting-edge short subject documentary, “Take Flight”, launching Feb 25th at julietlandaustakeflight.com.
Technology icon Nokia, in the hands of talent icon, Gary Oldman (shamelessly drafted by aspiring icons Chutzpah to direct their music video) have collectively raised cell-cam art to soaring heights and given birth to a new trend in the process!
Gary directed the video shot entirely on cell phones and operated one of them as well. He asked Juliet to direct a behind the scenes “making-of” and her take on the ensuing madness bloomed into a documentary that is intoxicating!
The cell phone footage affords a truly rare POV. â€œItâ€™s like being inside his brainâ€¦seeing through his eyes,â€ says Landau, who reveals Oldman in a fascinating light: playful, funny, joyous, fluid, capturing his childlike exploration and an uncharted perspective on the world-renowned artist.
Landau is a good friend of Clint’s, so no doubt we’ll be hearing a lot more about “Take Flight” in the coming weeks!
- Jonah Hill – The Wolf of Wall Street - January 7, 2014
- Martin Scorsese – The Wall of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Leonardo DiCaprio – The Wolf of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Trance - April 6, 2013
- Trance interviews : James McAvoy, Rosario Dawson, Danny Boyle - April 6, 2013
- Saoirse Ronan - March 30, 2013
- Max Irons & Jake Abel - March 30, 2013
- Diane Kruger - March 30, 2013
- Alicia chats to Andrew Niccol and Stephenie Meyer about The Host - March 30, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Olympus Has Fallen - March 22, 2013