Will Ferrell has had a big week. Just a couple of hours after the funnyman led an all star band in a tribute to ”Tonight Show” host Conan O’Brien, he became a dad for the third time, to the very rock n roll sounding Axel Ferrell. Now comes news of a leading role in a romantic comedy.
Will’s starring in a remake of French film from 2006, “I Do: How to Get Married and Stay Single”, which starred Charlotte Gainsbourg. No writer is attached yet, and the details of the plot are a little bit sketchy, but apparently the story centres on a 40-something year old bachelor who asks a friend to marry him and ditch him at the altar in an attempt to get his meddling mother and seven sisters off his back.
Sounds very generic and unlikely to be the hit Will Ferrell badly needs. His last few films were a disaster at the box office, especially “Land of the Lost” which only made $49.4m US at the box office, not nearly enough to cover its $100 million budget.
Will’s got a couple of other projects in the pipeline, this year we’ll see him in “The Other Guys” with Mark Wahlberg, and we’ll hear his voice in the animated superhero spoof “Megamind”.
There’s more at Pajiba
- Jonah Hill – The Wolf of Wall Street - January 7, 2014
- Martin Scorsese – The Wall of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Leonardo DiCaprio – The Wolf of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Trance - April 6, 2013
- Trance interviews : James McAvoy, Rosario Dawson, Danny Boyle - April 6, 2013
- Saoirse Ronan - March 30, 2013
- Max Irons & Jake Abel - March 30, 2013
- Diane Kruger - March 30, 2013
- Alicia chats to Andrew Niccol and Stephenie Meyer about The Host - March 30, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Olympus Has Fallen - March 22, 2013