The script for “Get him to the Greek” is terrific – great jokes, some wonderful cameos, and, believe it or not, a half-decent plot to boot. Coupled with Steve Pink’s 80s throwback “Hot Tub Time Machine”, the “Forgetting Sarah Marshall” spin-off – again featuring Russell Brand and Jonah Hill – might just place a firecracker under the seemingly immobile randy sexy comedy genre. The only thing I’m concerned about with “Get Him to the Greek” is that, in order to maintain it’s R rating (likely MA in Australia), some of the more “racier” sequences might have to be cut. And to be fair, some bits in the script do borderline on both soft-porn and unfilmable rancidness (and don’t we love that!). But even if the scissors are taken to a few of the film’s crazier moments, I’m pretty certain the film’s going to be one of the year’s highlights all the same. Can’t wait to see what Rose Byrne does with Jackie Q!
Universal Pictures has the new trailer up at Apple.com today (Will be in our trailers section when it becomes available to the rest of the online community for posting), and has also sent out the new poster (above left).
- Lively, Clarke set for Forster’s All I See is You - February 27, 2015
- Sands files Minority Report - February 27, 2015
- Blomkamp’s statement on Alien plans misconstrued - February 27, 2015
- Routh gets Lost, West in the Money - February 26, 2015
- Billy Lynn nabs Alwyn, eyes Hedlund - February 26, 2015
- Spidey could remain Peter Parker after all - February 26, 2015
- Virginia Madsen to experience Joy - February 26, 2015
- Voges, Zombie reunite for 31 - February 26, 2015
- Schwarzenegger back for Terminator 6 - February 26, 2015
- When does the next Star Wars trailer hit? - February 26, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.