Heather Matarazzo (“The Princess Diaries”, “Hostel 2″) is starring in, and producing, the dark comedy “Mangus!”, which has commenced filming in Texas.
Written and directed by Ash Christian, the film tells of Mangus Spedgwick, a young man who “has had one dream his whole lifeâ€¦ He wants to be Jesus â€“ in his high schoolâ€™s annual production of â€œJesus Christ Spectacularâ€ that is. When unforeseen circumstances strike, Mangus loses the role, which was a Spedgewick family tradition. Will he get to be their townâ€™s first crippled Jesus? Not without a hard fight, a road trip and breaking the law a few times along the way.”
Familiar faces amongst the support cast include Jennifer Coolidge (“American Pie”), Leslie Jordan (“Will & Grace”), and Deborah Theaker (“A Mighty Wind”). Newcomer Ryan Nelson Boggus plays Mangus.
â€œItâ€™s rare that I get a script that I fall in love with and want to be a part of,â€ says Heather Matarazzo. â€œâ€™Mangusâ€™ I fell in love with to the point that I’d take a massive pay cut, devote 4 years of my life and help get this film out into the world.â€
- Fernandez, Noth, Parker, Benson are Chronically Metropolitan - January 30, 2015
- Huisman, Palmer set for Currie’s 2:22 - January 30, 2015
- Junior’s back! Problem Child headed to NBC - January 30, 2015
- Cowboy Ninja Viking finds directors - January 30, 2015
- Disney : Episodes VII and VIII due 2017, 2019 - January 30, 2015
- Eddie Murphy returning to Saturday Night Live - January 30, 2015
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan books Spielberg series - January 30, 2015
- The Flash : Set pics capture Graye, Hamill - January 30, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Spooks : The Greater Good - January 30, 2015
- A teaser for The 5th Wave crashes down - January 30, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.