Though he’d wanted the big guy to appear in the movie – and had asked him to be involved – Producer Robert Rodriguez says he wasn’t able to convince Arnold Schwarzenegger to reprise his role as Major Alan “Dutch” Schaefer in ”Predators”.
The Arnold Fans reports that Rodriguez was so keen on having Schwarzenegger cameo in the film (he’d written a scene for him near the film’s end – good scene it would’ve been too!) that “[he] even offered to push back the movie’s production start date until after Arnold had vacated the Governor’s mansion.”
At the end of the day, seems Schwarzenegger just didn’t have the time. It’s not the first time the Governor has knocked back the chance to reprise his role as ‘Dutch’ – he also turned down the chance to reprise the role in Stephen Hopkins’ “Predator 2″ (1990). Schwarzenegger’s part was ultimately rewritten as a new character, played by Gary Busey.
As disappointing as it is that Schwarzenegger won’t be appearing in the film (even more so because he agreed to do the abysmal ”Terminator Salvation” but didn’t have time for this) I think it’s safe to say “Predators” going to work out just fine anyway – especially if the trailer is anything to go by…
- Magnolia picks up Experimenter; New image released - March 27, 2015
- Taylor-Johnson quits Fifty Shades franchise - March 26, 2015
- X-Men : Apocalypse casts Jubilee; cameos rumoured - March 26, 2015
- Trailer : Maggie - March 26, 2015
- Ben Mendelsohn may star in a Star Wars movie - March 26, 2015
- B v S : Luthor picture; story details - March 26, 2015
- Star Trek 3 : Elba to play villain; Pegg talks scripting - March 26, 2015
- Peter Craig aboard Lawrence’s Addario biopic - March 26, 2015
- Spielberg directing Ernie Cline’s Ready Player One - March 26, 2015
- Jason Segel directing a Lego movie!? - March 26, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.