Sam Shepard will be stepping in for the late Paul Newman in a W-rated (W standing for ‘What the Fuck!?) “Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid” sequel.
Somehow it seems, Butch Cassidy’s vital organs weren’t harmed by the the trillions of bullets that entered his body at the end of the classic original.
According to The Independent, The forthcoming movie, ”Blackthorn”, will pick up several years after its predecessor left off, following an ageing Cassidy’s (Shepard, “The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford”) attempts to pull off one last robbery that will allow him to return home from Bolivia to the United States.
The Sundance Kid (played in the original film by Robert Redford) didn’t survive the first film’s shoot out, it seems. This one’s all about Cassidy’s years post-heyday, post-comrade.
Director Mateo Gil says Cassidy, in his film, will be a “tired and lonely old man who, for an instant, recovers all his energy and dreams due to someone who seems to reincarnate the past, his old friends and ideals”.
Gil is pitching the flick, which will shoot next month in Bolivia, as “an old-fashioned Western”.
“One of the things that I like most about Westerns is that it’s a truly moral genre. The characters face life and death, and other very important matters (freedom, commitment and loyalty, courage, treachery, ownership and money, justice, friendship and even love) in very pure and simple terms. It’s a genre that helps us look at our own life and find a way to face it.”
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Jason Sudeikis - December 3, 2014
- Jason Sudeikis – Horrible Bosses 2 - December 3, 2014
- Jason Bateman – Horrible Bosses 2 - December 3, 2014
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Jason Bateman - December 3, 2014
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Charlie Day - November 25, 2014
- Charlie Day – Horrible Bosses 2 - November 25, 2014
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Chris Pine - November 25, 2014
- Chris Pine – Horrible Bosses 2 - November 24, 2014
- Arrow Picture Spoiler - November 10, 2014
- Skyline sequel nabs Crossbones - November 9, 2014