With the new “Nightmare on Elm Street” raking up big bucks at the box-office this weekend (it made over $32 million this weekend in the states) it’s no surprise to hear Warner Bros has retained Freddy Krueger’s services for another go-around.
A sequel to “A Nightmare on Elm Street” is atop of the shingle’s “to-do list” with a 2011 release date (!) likely.
There’s been a suggestion that the new film be in 3D (if true, that’ll be the second “Elm Street” flick to use the gimmick – the last ten minutes or so of 1991’s “Freddy’s Dead : The Final Nightmare” was also in 3D) but the ideas box is likely pretty empty still. All I know is, Platinum Dunes is gonna get a much easier time with the blood-beseeching critics and steadfast fans once their remake of “A Nightmare on Elm Street 2 : Freddy’s Revenge” (widely regarded to be the worst of the “Elm Street” series) hits theaters.
Jackie Earle Haley is committed to three “Elm Street” films in all, I believe, so no doubt Warners will be exercising that option – greasing the wheels on both sequels – sooner rather than later … just in case the Oscar Nominee feels the itch to break away from Springwood.
- Jetsons animated movie in the works - January 24, 2015
- New poster for Tom Hardy thrilller Child 44 - January 22, 2015
- Rob Lowe playing man of the cloth in new TV series - January 21, 2015
- The Interview hits Netflix this weekend - January 21, 2015
- Stuart Beattie writing high Voltage project - January 21, 2015
- Bruce Willis’s next straight-to-disc dud will be… - January 21, 2015
- The Girl with the Reliable R2 Unit - January 21, 2015
- Lee, Ashbrook, Fenn, Ontkean back for Twin Peaks - January 19, 2015
- Gremlins reboot on pause - January 18, 2015
- Star of new Ring sequel announced - January 18, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.