With “Journey to the Center of the Earth” director Eric Brevig opting out of the upcoming sequel, and star Brendan Fraser declaring a while back he wouldn’t be going anywhere near the sequel if Brevig wasn’t onboard, it’s safe to say the follow-up to the 2009 3D hit is going back one Encino Man short of a full-blown kiddie fair.
So who is onboard the sequel?
Brad Peyton, director of WB’s big Summer release (heh) “Cats & Dogs 2″, has been tapped to direct the sequel to “Journey”. And Deadline says with Fraser unlikely to be reprising his role as Prof Trevor Anderson for the film, the script will be retooled so that the focus is on the character of Anderson’s nephew Sean, played by Josh Hutcherson (also one of the rumoured “Spider-Man” contenders).
The site says there’s still a chance Fraser could be coaxed back – after his most recent flick “Furry Vengeance” flopped like a Golden Girls’ bust, he needs a hit – but it’s gonna take a lot of money, and, I’m guessing, quite a few slabs of red bull.
- Joey Potter hires Ray Donovan - January 28, 2015
- Kickboxer star up for Iron Fist? - January 28, 2015
- Imitation Game director resuscitates old Keanu Reeves project - January 28, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Fantastic Four - January 28, 2015
- Crossbones in spooky supernatural yarn Stephanie - January 28, 2015
- Aussie lad may save America in Independence Day 2 - January 28, 2015
- Watch a Wet Hot American Summer teaser - January 28, 2015
- Jeff Daniels, Aaron Sorkin reunite for Jobs biopic - January 28, 2015
- Chris Pratt as young Indiana Jones!? - January 28, 2015
- Creed punches into production! - January 27, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.