By Drew Turney
A classic comedy that’s somewhat faded with age. Featuring Chevy Chase in one of the straightest roles he’s ever played, the idiot duties are left to Bill Murray as the slightly psycho groundkeeper Carl and Ted Knight as the terminally stressed Judge Smails.
The reason it’s such a classic is because it collect so many comic greats together in one place, Chase, Knight, Murray, Rodney Dangerfield as Al, the kind of guy we wish all rich people were like.
There are so many giant personalities, they elbow the main plot of Danny (Michael O’Keefe) aside in a series of comic vignettes that are all great skits and somehow hang together to make the movie.
Warner Bros has re-issued the film with a newly-polished 5.1 Dolby Digital soundtrack – and Kenny Loggins has never sounded so good!
There’s also an informative and entertaining retrospective featurette on the making of the movie – featuring members of the cast that are a) still alive and b) not too expensive
- Routh gets Lost, West in the Money - February 26, 2015
- Billy Lynn nabs Alwyn, eyes Hedlund - February 26, 2015
- Spidey could remain Peter Parker after all - February 26, 2015
- Virginia Madsen to experience Joy - February 26, 2015
- Voges, Zombie reunite for 31 - February 26, 2015
- Schwarzenegger back for Terminator 6 - February 26, 2015
- When does the next Star Wars trailer hit? - February 26, 2015
- Disney XD’s Ducktales reboot sure to be a Quack-up! - February 26, 2015
- Top Five - February 26, 2015
- Ghostbusters reboot inspired by… The Walking Dead!? - February 26, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.