The “Avengers” casting rumours have only just begun… and it’ll likely be a good twelve months before the gossip-spammers are done.
Hot on the heels of a feasible rumour that Nathan Fillion might be in the mix to join the film (well he does have a relationship with “Avengers” director Joss Whedon…so it wouldn’t be out of the question to expect the latter might want to work with some folks he’s worked with, and enjoyed working with, previously, no?), comes word from Avengers News that “Lost” castaway Josh Holloway might end up in the all-star superhero flick.
According to the fan site, Holloway is in negotiations to join a Marvel movie – they’re guessing it’s “The Avengers”. And they could be right. If the rumour is concrete. Anyway, here’s what they’ve got to say :
Apparently there’s been talk between Marvel and his group to play a “lead” role in an upcoming Marvel film. We mention a “lead” role because these bigger actors often won’t sign “retainers”, meaning everything should be 100% locked (character, film, etc) for Josh once he’s signed the dotted line. We have no idea who he could be playing or how soon he could sign, but here are some of our thoughts we’ve compiled with the subtle hints we’ve received.
- Henry Pym (important role in “The Avengers” and its sequels, lead role in “Ant-Man” spinoff.)
- Clint Barton/Hawkeye (maybe a S.H.I.E.L.D. member in “The Avengers” with a starring role in the “S.H.I.E.L.D.” spin-off or a future Avengers sequel.)
- Timothy “Dum Dum” Dugan (important S.H.I.E.L.D. member in “The Avengers” and its sequels, and lead role in the “S.H.I.E.L.D. spinoff)
I like Holloway. I don’t doubt he’ll be snapped up pretty soon by movieland.
“The Avengers”, due out May 2012, will star Robert Downey Jr (as Iron Man), Chris Hemsworth (as Thor), Samuel L.Jackson (as Nick Fury), Scarlett Johansson (as Black Widow), Chris Evans (as Captain America), Don Cheadle (as War Machine), and, with any luck, Edward Norton (The Incredible Hulk).
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.