By Colin Moore
In ”Absolute Power”, Clint Eastwood performs on both sides of the camera, but here too on the other side of the law.
Luther Whitney (Eastwood) is a decorated veteran with a fondness for art and other people’s valuables. While looting a wealthy philanthropist he witnesses a roughshod late-night affair involving the President of the United States (Gene Hackman). When it ends with the woman’s death a cover-up is called for.
A mild taste for fans of .44 caliber Eastwood but a brilliant cast justifies a look. Judy Davis is the chief of staff who orchestrates face-saving measures. Ed Harris is the likable homicide detective assigned to the case, and Laura Linney plays the estranged daughter Luther tries to reconnect with.
Based on the David Baldacci bestseller.
Blu-Ray Details and Extras
A fairly solid transfer (1080p/DTS-HDMA 5.1), with only the odd bit of grain and film wear visible, but fans of the film will likely be disappointed by the extras component of the disc – nada.
- Scott, Collette set for Dougherty’s Krampus - March 4, 2015
- New directing assignments for Bryan Singer, Joseph Kosinski - March 4, 2015
- David Denman shoots for 13 Hours - March 4, 2015
- Usher for Independence Day 2, Sullivan for new Europacorp actioner - March 4, 2015
- Warner lands a Green Lantern! - March 4, 2015
- Wonder Years‘ Fred Savage returning to TV - March 4, 2015
- First look : Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Snowden - March 4, 2015
- 007 film shut down - March 4, 2015
- Eddie Izzard leads cast of Kohan’s Devil You Know - March 4, 2015
- Leads in Uncle Buck, Rush Hour announced - March 4, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.