I had the chance to chat to the original ‘wild girl’ Lori Singer this weekend about all things “Footloose” (for my Caffeinated Clint’s Greats Series) and the actress let slip that she might be participating in the remake.
Singer, who played ‘Ariel’ in the Herbet Ross-directed original, tells Moviehole she may make an appearance in the upcoming remake (Which Craig Zadan, producer of the original, is also shepherding).
”I heard they are going to ask me to take part”, Singer said, adding “I would be honoured to do so.”
(Singer’s co-star Kevin Bacon also hasn’t ruled out making a cameo in the remake.)
“Footloose”, which will be directed by Craig Brewer (“Hustle & Flow”), is said to be zeroing in on Thomas Dekker (“Terminator : The Sarah Connor Chronicles”) to play the lead. No word yet on who’ll be ‘dancing in the sheets’ in the role of Ariel.
For the full interview with Singer click here
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.