I had the chance to chat to the original ‘wild girl’ Lori Singer this weekend about all things “Footloose” (for my Caffeinated Clint’s Greats Series) and the actress let slip that she might be participating in the remake.
Singer, who played ‘Ariel’ in the Herbet Ross-directed original, tells Moviehole she may make an appearance in the upcoming remake (Which Craig Zadan, producer of the original, is also shepherding).
”I heard they are going to ask me to take part”, Singer said, adding “I would be honoured to do so.”
(Singer’s co-star Kevin Bacon also hasn’t ruled out making a cameo in the remake.)
“Footloose”, which will be directed by Craig Brewer (“Hustle & Flow”), is said to be zeroing in on Thomas Dekker (“Terminator : The Sarah Connor Chronicles”) to play the lead. No word yet on who’ll be ‘dancing in the sheets’ in the role of Ariel.
For the full interview with Singer click here
- Interview promo suggests Christmas day release still on!? - December 19, 2014
- Trailer : True Story - December 19, 2014
- Walt’s got the next Chipmunks sequel - December 19, 2014
- Team America plan f*cked, yeah! - December 19, 2014
- Trailer : A Little Chaos - December 19, 2014
- Trailer : Ana Maria in Novela Land - December 19, 2014
- Trailer : American Sniper - December 19, 2014
- Charlie Sheen reprising one of his classic roles - December 18, 2014
- Carell’s North Korea movie cancelled - December 18, 2014
- Stuhlbarg logs onto Jobs biopic - December 18, 2014
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.