“Hawaii Five-O” kicked off production in Honolulu today with a traditional Hawaiian blessing in honor of its host culture. Series stars Alex O’Loughlin, Scott Caan, Daniel Dae Kim and Grace Park, as well as the producers and the entire Hawaii-Five 0 crew, participated. Kahu Kelekona Bishaw from Kamehameha Schools officiated over the ceremony, which included traditional royal maile leis, a Pule Wehe (opening prayer) and Pule Ho’oku’u (closing prayer) calling upon the elements and inviting goodness, protection, peace, happiness and success. Joining in the celebration was Police Chief Louis M. Kealoha.
”Hawaii Five-O” is a contemporary take on the classic series about a new elite federalized task force whose mission is to wipe out the crime that washes up on the Islands’ sun-drenched beaches. Detective Steve McGarrett, a decorated Naval officer-turned-cop, returns to Oahu to investigate his father’s murder and stays after Hawaii’s Governor persuades him to head up the new team: his rules, her backing, no red tape and full blanket authority to hunt down the biggest “game” in town. Joining McGarrett is Detective Danny “Danno” Williams, a newly relocated ex-New Jersey cop – a working man in paradise who prefers skyscrapers to the coastline – but who’s committed to keeping the Islands safe for his 8-year-old daughter; and Chin Ho Kelly, an ex-Honolulu Police Detective, and former protégé of McGarrett’s father, wrongly accused of corruption and relegated to a federal security patrol. Chin’s cousin, Kono, is a beautiful and fearless native, fresh out of the academy and eager to establish herself among the department’s elite. McGarrett, repairing his relationship with his estranged sister, Mary Ann, vows to bring closure to their father’s case. The state’s brash new Five-O unit, who may spar and jest among themselves, is determined to eliminate the seedy elements from the 50th state.
Peter Lenkov, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci are executive producers for CBS Television Studios.
- Set Visit : American Horror Story : Coven - October 18, 2014
- Richard Wenk – The Equalizer - October 2, 2014
- Moviehole chats to Equalizer scribe Richard Wenk - October 2, 2014
- Talking to Expendables 3 writing duo Creighton Rothenberger and Katrin Benedikt! - August 16, 2014
- Adam Saunders – About Alex - August 7, 2014
- Nicole Perlman – Guardians of the Galaxy - August 1, 2014
- MH talks to Guardians of the Galaxy co-writer Nicole Perlman! - August 1, 2014
- Lisa’s ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Review : it’s got everything and the everything works! - July 31, 2014
- Life Itself - July 5, 2014
- The Last Sentence - June 24, 2014