I’ve seen the film, but can’t comment on it yet – what I can say is this, the scene they screened at Comic-Con today? The one in the underground lair where Sly’s gang are embroiled in some fist-thumpin’ battle royale with Garza’s crew? That is one of the bloodiest, nastiest sequences in the movie… I’m actually amazed the powers-that-be OKed the clip (considering they ejector-seated “Piranha” from the line-up for that very reason – that their clips were too gratuitous). At the same time, good-thinking that they did – it will definitely help sell the movie. Audiences seemed to love the excessively cheesy and cartoonishly violent sequence, particularly the moment where Terry Crew’s character, Hale Caesar, shows up with a rocket launcher. Look for my review in a few weeks.
Anyway, some dot points about “The Expendables” panel :
– Stallone, dressed to the nines, is joined by Steve Austin, Dolph Lundgren, and Randy Courture.
– Stallone said he refused to shoot the film in 3D or use an over abundance of CGI. He likes it “old school”.
– Terry Crews showed off his muscles – again and again.
– Stallone shot the film in Brazil because he could get away with hurting his actors there.
– Dolph Lundgren gave away one of the film’s big spoilers. I don’t want to do that here.
– Stallone mentioned that he’d tried to get Jean-Claude Van Damme, Steven Seagal and Chuck Norris to be a part of the film but they turned him down. “There’s things like availablity, or insanity, that makes things not work out”, Stallone said.
– The big guy mentioned being hugely influenced by Superman and Sinbad movies. Thus, he wanted to do a big, fun no-brainer like “The Expendables”. And yes, Sly always intended to direct it as well as write and headline it because he’s a self-confessed control whore.
– Randy Couture apparently got so into his role that fighter was responsible for the exit of several top stuntmen from the movie.
– Sly’s neck was broken by Steve Austin. Remarked the filmmaker, “I always get hurt on my best movies. I didn’t get hurt on Rhinestone. I didn’t get hurt on Stop or My Mom Will Shoot. I get hurt and it’s a great movie”.
– Bruce Willis, who had been on the “Red” panel earlier, showed up to talk briefly about the scene he and Arnold Schwarzenegger did for the film.
– Stallone again disappointed Rambo fans with the news that he has decided to can “Rambo 5″.
- Lively, Clarke set for Forster’s All I See is You - February 27, 2015
- Sands files Minority Report - February 27, 2015
- Blomkamp’s statement on Alien plans misconstrued - February 27, 2015
- Routh gets Lost, West in the Money - February 26, 2015
- Billy Lynn nabs Alwyn, eyes Hedlund - February 26, 2015
- Spidey could remain Peter Parker after all - February 26, 2015
- Virginia Madsen to experience Joy - February 26, 2015
- Voges, Zombie reunite for 31 - February 26, 2015
- Schwarzenegger back for Terminator 6 - February 26, 2015
- When does the next Star Wars trailer hit? - February 26, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.